• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Say hello to my little friend - GT3!!!

Thanks for the compliments. Couple of morning pics after the 1st wash.

CIMG0417.jpg

CIMG0415.jpg

If I could fit, I'd have one of those. That car has some flippin' sweet skills.

Though I think I'd put the gas cap on the hood rather than the fender to give it a touch of RSR.:tongue:

That is S I C K !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ritesh beat me out on this one! I like his new toy lots, but I like my new toy too!

M3 front.JPG

M3 front quarter.JPG

M3 interior 2.JPG

M3 Rear.JPG

This is my date car / daily driver since the NSX is the track car.

You Fat bastard. Get your own thread.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Cars looks good - and it is a real 6 spd. Congrats.

So I have owned the GT3 for one week. I have to say - that car is absolutely phenomenal. It is everything I had hoped for and more. The Cobalt blue is stunning in person. It truely shows the beautiful curves of the 911. There is an amazing contrast in styling between the NSX and the GT3. The NSX has sharp angles, and lines while the porsche is all curves. I personally find both to be beautiful in their own way. The interior of the 911 is spectacular. The stitching, the seats, the alcantara wheel and CF console really add a touch of class. The build quality is top notch.

The car barks a bit when starting and then settles at a slightly rough idle. Porsche is really trying hard to imitate the air cooled 911's sound. The idle has a certain timber that it occasionally interrupted by a slight metalical raspiness. My car has 1700 miles on it now. I took it for a nice long drive over the wknd, and have done a couple of spirited drives in the car. I still haven't taken it over 7k since it has a 2000 mile break in. Accelerating it to 7k in the 1st through 4th is just soo much fun. I can't wait till I can take it to its 8400 RPM redline. The car is amazingly fast and yet deceiving. The flat TQ curve means that the cars pulls yet it doesn't quite overwhelm you like the Z06. The car has an ideal combination of HP, TQ and gearing. The throttle response is great yet it can be made even more responsive in sport mode. The steering response is unbelievable. Slight changes in the steering lead to immediate directional changes from the car/chassis. This is due to the rear weight bias, short wheelbase and quick steering ratio. I always thought that a mid engine platform is better than rear engine design. However the 911's ability to rotate due to the rear weight bias is something that is truely impressive. The clutch is stiff, much stiffer than my NSX. The shifter is stiff too. I am hoping that the shifter loosens up with some miles. The whole car has a teutonic feel to it. The PCCB's are incredible. The have good feedback and are very progressive. They aren't grabby just smooth and powerful. An additional advantage of PCCB's is that they have produce very little brake dust. The car is fairly quiet at highway speeds. The suspension is stiff yet it has good dampening. It perfectly tolerable when you are going on smooth roads. However, You really notice how stiff the car is when you slow down for bumps and road imperfections. It is still softer than my NSX so its perfectly tolerable to me. Overall the car has easily met and surpassed my expections. However, I do have a couple of minor complaints. The car has way too many buttons in the interior. The Nav, Stereo and trip computer have too many options to go through. The Nav is not touch screen. These are minor issues and don't really interfere with driving joy that this car delivers. IMHO the car truely delivers and better driver's car than a Z06. It better be - it is $50k more than a Z06.

The GT3 is supposed to be faster after a few thousand miles. I can't wait.:biggrin:

My sin is ENVY! :eek: @ both

This is my new toy.....
istockphoto_675651_long_wood.jpg

Details later! :biggrin: .....I'll start my own thread.

Congrats,
- Z

Back