• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Science of Speed rocks!

Earlier this summer my father suffered a catastrophic engine failure in his 91 NSX. We weren't sure what the problem was but given that it occurred on a road course we thought perhaps it was caused by oil starvation.

We contacted SOS who explained that they would be happy to take a look at the car and make the necessary repairs. We shipped them the car and within a few days of receiving it we got a detailed email with pictures explaining what they had found. The culprit was the oil pump gear which disintegrated causing an engine failure.

Long story short we ended up purchasing a 3.3L SOS engine with the SOS Supercharger kit, SOS headers, exhaust, flywheel, clutch and having them do some other maintenance on the car.

My dad flew down earlier this week and spent some time with Chris & his crew at the shop, picked up the car and drove it home. He couldn't be happier with the outcome and the service SOS provided. The spent a ton of time with us on the phone answering questions and going through the options. Once we decided what to do they got the work done quickly. The end product is an NSX with almost 400hp at the wheels that certainly puts a smile on your face.

I would recommend SOS for any work to your NSX, S2000 or anything else you can get them to work on!

Back