• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed Coolant Expansion Tank for NSX

We've brought back our popular coolant expansion tank for the NSX for a great price!

he ScienceofSpeed Coolant Expansion Tank is a direct replacement for the factory plastic expansion tank. The design replicates the factory shape and features an internal baffle to prevent slosh from introducing air bubbles in to the coolant system during hard cornering.

The ScienceofSpeed Coolant Expansion Tank is fabricated from laser cut 1/8" thick 5052 aluminum, formed, and TIG welded. The filler neck is machined from 6061 billet aluminum. The filler pressure cap is a high quality stainless pressure cap made in Japan with a release point of 1.1 BAR. A coolant cap garnish cover is machined from 6061 billet aluminum with a laser marked stainless steel insert with the ScienceofSpeed logo, opening warning, and pressure rating.

Installation is simplified by using the factory original mounting points. Fittings machined from 6061 billet aluminum ensure that the factory coolant hoses fit on properly. Tanks are pressure tested and are pre-assembled ready for installation.

The ScienceofSpeed Coolant Expansion Tank is available with an optional sight tube for viewing fill level with out removing the cap. The sight tube is made from a chemical resistant high temperature fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP) tube with nickel plated swivel fittings. The sight tube is pre-installed when this option is purchased.

Available in black wrinkle and red wrinkle powdercoat with a black anodized or silver machined cap cover (customers may choose their combination).

Click here for more information:
https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index.php/nsx/scienceofspeed-coolant-expansion-tank.html

pair_1024x768.jpg

black_cap_1024x768.jpg

installed_1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have to bleed the system after installing the new tank?
I remember the old tubes bending out of shape and some leaking. Will this happen again with the current tube setup?

Last edited:
Do you have to bleed the system after installing the new tank?
I remember the old tubes bending out of shape and some leaking. Will this happen again with the current tube setup?

Yes, the coolant system should always be bled out when a hose is removed. However, if you use clamps on the hoses when the expansion tank is removed, fluid loss should be minimal, and to bleed out the air should only take minutes.

The material we are using for the sight tube is much more resilient to deformation and staining compared to what used to be available. It is rated for a temperature above the fluid in the passing through it, and is resistant to chemical staining from hydrocarbons and the dye used in the coolant. We've tested this in house, and use it on our own cars!

Looks nice. Can you post a picture of how the baffle was implemented? Thanks.

Sorry, we do not have a photo - but we'll work on a diagram! The baffle bisects the rear plate and the longer front plate with a smaller port that reduces slosh during cornering.

There are two more of these left at the sale price!

Sorry, we do not have a photo - but we'll work on a diagram! The baffle bisects the rear plate and the longer front plate with a smaller port that reduces slosh during cornering.

There are two more of these left at the sale price!

Question, is the sale price what is listed @ $274 or..?

is this still available at the sale price?

I have the tank but mine didnt come with the cool cap, can i buy the cap garnish from you guys?

All of our tanks come with the pressure cap pre-installed. Please note, these aren't compatible with other brands of tanks. Please drop us a line to [email protected] if we can help further.

Back