• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seat Color Question

Hello everyone,

I wanted to see if I could get some of your opinions on what I should get. I am going to buy from leatherseats.com and am a little torn on what color to choose. I have a Red 02 w/ a red interior. I'm not crazy about the all red seats and was thinking to do black seats with red inserts or red seats with black inserts /black head rests. Or... would all black seats with red stitching or piping look funny? I've searched this forum for pictures and have found a few but if anyone has any examples they care to post that would be great.

I appreciate everyones input!

Attachments

• 1392216476.214605382.IM1.09.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
    1392216476.214605382.IM1.09.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 117
The all red interior does make it look unique, but I can see how it would be a little too much after a while for some. Zero-Cool has a pretty nice color combo IMO. Here's the thread.

If you had to change the seats, I would go all black seats........but I like black interiors. I think you would have enough contrast with the red carpet, etc.

I ordered this combo for my 91 Red NSX. *The center box will stay black not red as shown.Also in the pix you can see a little of the red on the passenger side door sill. Not gonna have this either. I also am having NSX embroidered in black on the headrests.
Leatherseats has my seats and will install this week and I should have 'em back next week or so. I will post pix.

I took a survey on red/black combo similar to Zero-Cool's combo and decided the simple red up the middle with red side inserts in the doors was the way to go.

It is really a matter of personal taste regardless of what others may think.

6429sig_2_.jpg

Sky :wink:

6429nsx_int_2.jpg

Uhh, guys, he doesn't want the red leather anymore. That's why he posted.

Here's what you do:
Post an ad for 2002, red leather OEM seats. Clean out your inbox while the mail rushes in. Pocket some cash. Buy new black or aftermarket seats. Done.

Here's what you do:
Post an ad for 2002, red leather OEM seats. Clean out your inbox while the mail rushes in. Pocket some cash. Buy new black or aftermarket seats. Done.
Are new red seats more $$ than new black ones?

Anyway, if he wants a non-OEM color combo he'd do well to buy used ones (wouldn't matter if they're torn) and recover them (after selling the OEM reds). If he wants black he could arrange a swap with someone who would appreciate the red.

In the end I side with everyone else who suggested keeping the red seats. If he does change color I would suggest staying away from stitching that is a different color than the leather...it can look great, but 95% of the time it ends up being tacky. Tan seats do look great in a red NSX...except maybe in this case. I'm not sure it would be good to introduce a third color to this interior with all that red everywhere.

Thanks for everyone's input and suggestions... I think I am going to buy a cheap used pair of seats and recover them.

I'll store the red seats, as Psychobiology suggested, for when I do sell the car.

Thanks again, you all have been very helpful!

Back