• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seattle NSX July 9th BBQ Details

OK. Here it is. Official.

NO ALCOHOL at this event.

But I like the idea of an occasional evening meet where alcohol is not a potential public issue.

Last edited:
I guess I don't understand how this is a "public issue" its not like we are a bunch of 16 year old kids planing a kegger. but it seems Dry is the way to be. :smile:

sorry guys i will not be able to make it,i'll be in cali for a drift event.next time

I appreciate all the hard work and planning these guys have done to set this gig up so I respect their wishes of no alcohol. But that doesn't mean that afterwords we couldn't all meet somewhere for a cold malted beverage. First, round of brews on me. :biggrin:

Steve

Right on Steve. The Claim Jumper Gang event is the drive to John's place and the BBQ. That is taylored to be comfortable for everybody.

In addition to your suggestion there are a number who would like to join together after the event for a group drive on the country roads in the area. What I like about structuring it this way is it acknowledges the full range of sensativities represented in the group, gives everybody options to pick whatever fits their comfort level and clearly identifies what the people sponsoring the event endorse.

Hopefully we've hit a balance where everybody can really enjoy themselves.

Thanx for your understanding and input.

I am not 100% sure I will make it down on saturday.I heard the border crossings are quite delayed these days,with the heightened security and all.
I will however try to get across and if its OK I will keep drivin'.
Stacy

Ron, I'll bring the other half of the deserts. I can pickup a couple of those big Costco cookie packs and brownies. Let me know if you want me to bring something else.
Steve

Seatown-92 said:
Ron, I'll bring the other half of the deserts. I can pickup a couple of those big Costco cookie packs and brownies. Let me know if you want me to bring something else.
Steve

Special Request: Rasin and Oatmeal... my favorite. :biggrin: :tongue:

BTW, guys, if you happened to have big umbrellas (like those they use at golf courses), bring it. Just in case. Hope we don't really need it.

I'm crossing my finger, I remembered last time when we had 15+ nsx meeting and we were expecting rainy days; the sun came out and stay dry until later at night.

Saturday: Morning showers with afternoon clearing.. Highs in the mid to upper 60s. Lows in the 50s. from www.King5.com :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 5day_lg.jpg
    5day_lg.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 303
Even though it says AM showers, it could shower at a lot of places in King county and while we just have clouds in different places.

This is more important for people live along I-5 and planning to use Hwy520 to Redmond :
WSDOT crews will close the SR 520 floating bridge for its annual maintenance and inspection work this weekend. The bridge will close at 11 p.m. Friday, July 8 through 5 a.m. Monday, July 11. The closure includes all of SR 520 between Montlake Boulevard NE in Seattle and 92nd Avenue NE on the Eastside.

Guys, I'm leaving work now and I won't have internet access for the rest of the night. See you all tomorrow at 11:30am @ Claim Jumper. I believed you could PM Ronsxtc and John@Microsoft if needed.

Last edited:
BIG THANKS to Ron, John and Ferrand to put together such a event. It was great to meet everyone, also thanks for everyone who bought food, and made this BBQ a success!. :biggrin:

Forsure... Thanks again to John, Ron, Ferrand and everyone else for everything. It seems to me like the event was a great success. It was good to see everyone again and meet some new people. I'll post some pics ASAP. I took over 300 pics for a total of 986mb of pictures.

Take care,

Kevin

Yeah Big thanks to Ron,Ferrand,and John. A curvy drive would be cool, esp with 18 or 20 cars! Anyway it was nice to meet you all. and John you have no beer...............remember :wink: Hey I forgot to ask does anybody have an OEM audio head unit they want to unload? Thanks agian,JZ

Thanks all, I had great fun with the NSX and you all that attended. also, I am very appreciated with all hard works from John, Ron and Ferrand. also, the drive is NICE :)

Ya- good times. Nice leisurely drive too - I can't think of a much better way to spend a saturday afternoon. I am looking forward to seeing those pics.

I really appreciated the turn out, and like I said, I wished that we are more organized when we are going to John's house. What we were trying to do is to have more guys regularly attending the meet and get together, then we can "afford" to do more activities other than just standing outside the restaurant. As we doing more activites, we would further get to know more of each other, I'm kind of embarassed that I kind of left Patrick taking care of the BBQ and the group who's afraid of "sun" and stayed outside the whole time. (Can't blame me man, didn't really expect it'll be sunny like that, see did I say when we have 10+ nsx, it will not rain.) Well, we could definately get more experiences on the organizing part as we have more activities down the road. :redface: Yeap, I still kind of embarassed that I left out one member when I showed Dave the way to get gas. The guy (me) who supposed to group everyone together fell on his feet totally... :rolleyes:

Big thanks to John and especially Ron who unselfishly put the whole group together, even though he couldn't make to the BBQ. I believed the only pay back Ron ever asked for are pictures..(kclement will take care of that ;) ) and have everyone get together more...

Ananda,

I'm in shock! A closet wannabe? If this ever gets back to the S2k crowd you could be disowned!! But not to worry.

MUMS THE WORD NSX GUYS!

Your secret is safe with us.

Back