• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seattle NSX July 9th BBQ Details

Ron and Ferrand, thanks for all the oganization, John for hosting and everyone else for showing up. Was a pleasure going for a drive and hanging with you all.

Till next time!
Dave

I really wish I could have gone to this event, but I was in Hong Kong and didn't get back until monday. :(

-Mike

Mike, don't worry, with turns out like this, and if we can keep up with our momentum, there will be a lot more events throughout the year.

Now where're the pictures, kclements??

It was nice to see a long line of NSXs, something you don't see often for sure.

Hey Ferrand, I noticed that at the meet many people was talking about going to the track event, what do you think we get a track day together for all of us together? Mr. Organizer.... :smile:

Mr. Organizer....
Hey, easy on me.

I just came back from a track day yesterday, and I'm kind of exhausted and figured maybe I'll hit the track in August sometime. As of right now, I still don't think we will have very good turn out with only nsx and even S2000. But we sure could all sign up for an event with Proformance advanced lapping, or joining other car club lapping days.. (Alfa Romeo, Speedware...)

I will try my best posting open lapping days, HPDE events and constantly updating it.

If anyone is interested, the SCCA Time Trails program is hosting a track event at BMP on July 23-24th. $100 gets you a ton of track time and they will provide timing equipment.

Time Trails used be known as Solo 1, which allowed competitors to race against lap times rather than going wheel-to-wheel. There are designated passing zones and is a pretty safe event if you want to know who good you are against other drivers.

Here is a link to the S2000 website. It has more info and links to the forms.
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=299779

Optikal said:
If anyone is interested, the SCCA Time Trails program is hosting a track event at BMP on July 23-24th. $100 gets you a ton of track time and they will provide timing equipment.
Have you driven one of these events? I read through the desciption and it sounds like you get 1) 15 min practice and 2) 2 lap timed runs for your $100?!?!

What is your experince?

Ferrand, Ananda & Dave,,

Some sort of NSX or NSX/S2k group participation at a local track is a super idea. I personally know at least half a dozen guys that would be interested. And judging from comments at the CJ lot rendevous for the BBQ there are others.

Let's start a new thread on this so it doesn't get buried in the BBQ post mortum.

NEW "Seattle Area NSX Track Event?" thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54036

titaniumdave said:
Have you driven one of these events? I read through the desciption and it sounds like you get 1) 15 min practice and 2) 2 lap timed runs for your $100?!?!

What is your experince?

Hmmm... I am going to double-check with the organizers and answer your question.

I have done one event with Time Trials and we had four 25 minute sessions with four separate groups. It was pretty nice to sit back after a session and talk with the other drivers about car setup and race lines. Each session is very intense and gave me a breather and allowed me to get the car ready for the next one.

I would highly suggest making sure your brakes and fluids are good. Bremerton can be a bit hard on the pads.

I plan on being out there as well, so I hope to see some of you out there!

Is there a track map on line?

titaniumdave said:

What is your experince?

I got an answer!

There is a 15 min practice, 15 qualifying time, and 30 min run groups. Depending on the amount of participants there may be a possibility of gaining another 39 mins.

So we are looking at a total of an hour to an hour and half of track time.

$100 for either July 23rd or 24th. Or you can pay $150 for an entire weekend!

ok ok everyone... I know you all want pics.... They will be up soon... there are tons of pics and it all takes tons of time... I have just been pretty busy lately.... hang in there with me ...:)

Kevin

Back