• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seattle

where have you looked? Auto trader, ParkPlace Motors, Nsx prime. What year you looking for, or what price range?

I would say that you should be prepared to go out of state to get the "ideal" NSX, depending the year/color/mileage you are looking for. The first decision you need to make is what you can afford and correlate that to the three different generation of cars out there. If you are looking for the original pure NSX experience then the first generation cars is what you want. The second and third generation cars are easier to drive (power steering) and also have the six speed gearbox, plus a more powerful engine. I would recommend test driving at least the first and second generation cars locally and determine which fits your needs better. Third generation cars are likely to be more expensive and there are less of them available.

I would say that you should be prepared to go out of state to get the "ideal" NSX, depending the year/color/mileage you are looking for. The first decision you need to make is what you can afford and correlate that to the three different generation of cars out there. If you are looking for the original pure NSX experience then the first generation cars is what you want. The second and third generation cars are easier to drive (power steering) and also have the six speed gearbox, plus a more powerful engine. I would recommend test driving at least the first and second generation cars locally and determine which fits your needs better. Third generation cars are likely to be more expensive and there are less of them available.

The price range I have set is from 26k-30k$. As of mileage, I would like it to be under 100k. My income is about 3500-4k$ monthly, but I want to finance it. I dont think Seattle has any banks that would finance an older car?

If you are looking for the original pure NSX experience then the first generation cars is what you want. The second and third generation cars are easier to drive (power steering) and also have the six speed gearbox, plus a more powerful engine.

I've owned both NA1 and NA2 vehicles. In my opinion, I don't think you'll find a pure driving experience with a NA1 versus a NS2. Some say there is more flex with the top off. I never take mine off so I can't verify that. A NSX with power steering isn't easier to drive unless you're parking it. The power steering is a variable unit meaning as you build speed, the effect of the power steering diminishes.

Look for one that has as many service records as possible and be prepared to do a PPI.

Good luck and be patient.

The price range I have set is from 26k-30k$. As of mileage, I would like it to be under 100k. My income is about 3500-4k$ monthly, but I want to finance it. I dont think Seattle has any banks that would finance an older car?

My credit union doesn't care how old the car is, they just want the miles to be under 100k.

A NSX with power steering isn't easier to drive unless you're parking it. The power steering is a variable unit meaning as you build speed, the effect of the power steering diminishes.

So you agree it is easier to drive, since parking a car is part of the driving experience :smile:.

Plus one for 1st Tech. They just want to see the records and make sure its under 100k miles. Also doesn't matter if its private or dealer, in state or out of state. They have rates as low as 3.49% at the moment for used cars (assuming you work for MS). You will need to work for a tech company that's willing to sign up with them however. Paperwork was minimal, at least a few years ago.

So you agree it is easier to drive, since parking a car is part of the driving experience :smile:.

Well, in my 19 or 20 years of owning an NSX I don't ever remember an experience of parallel parking the car. I've never parked any of my NSX vehicles on the street that required parallel parking. Consequently, I don't think a later market vehicle is "easier to drive" and I don't think a driver could tell a difference at speed.

The later model ones with power steering are easier to drive... around a parking lot.

That being said, the ones without power steering are not difficult to drive around a parking lot.

Well, in my 19 or 20 years of owning an NSX I don't ever remember an experience of parallel parking the car. I've never parked any of my NSX vehicles on the street that required parallel parking. Consequently, I don't think a later market vehicle is "easier to drive" and I don't think a driver could tell a difference at speed.

Agreed on the "at speed" comment, but there's a significant difference in the 1-20mph range. This was one of the main reasons I didn't buy the '92 model that was only 1 mile from my house and instead flew to CA to get my '98 instead. After all, if there wasn't any difference in driveability, why bother adding power steering (and the associated weight gain) in the first place?

I would put power steering (or lack thereof) in the top three things to consider when purchasing an NSX. Just my two cents. Others can disagree (fairly so) if they wish. But it is something to consider.

Hey, I might be interested in selling my car, I think I may want to get a newer one later this year. My Car is a black on black 95 you can find pictures of it on this forum and plenty of the guys are familiar with my car.

Rick

I haven't gotten a loan for a car in a while but when I did I prequalified for the loan amount in advance and then found the car. But as I stated I haven't gotten a loan for a car in awhlie last one was in 1998 so I may not have the best answer. I have bought all my cars cash since then.

I got financed through Industrial Credit Union and got 5% interest on a 91 with 200K miles on it. Didnt seem to have any issues, the only thing was they dont loan any higher than 3 years for a car that old but wasnt an issue for me.

It was pretty straight forward. I believe you can go up to 72 months. I did get my car through a dealer though. (park place) There will be more to it if its a private sale. Out of state might be a problem since the seller has to be there for the paperwork. I say find the car and then apply for the loan. A pre-approval is only good for 30 days so you'd have to reapply after 30 days of not finding a car.

i bank with becu. maybe ill give it a try. any experience?

Last edited:
Back