• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Security alarm system goes off randomly

Over the last few months, the oem security alarm system on my 91 NSX has triggered on several occasions for no apparent reason. As expected, the blaring horn and lights cease as soon as I insert the key.
Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there an easy fix?
Thanks for any input.

As mentioned above, I have experienced exactly the same condition but not nearly as frequently. In fact, the alarm on my NSX has not triggered at all over the last two months.
Awhile back, I attempted to clean around the driver's side lock mechanism and also used a high pressure air canister. However I do not really know if that remedied the problem.

If the switch is faulty the alarm will false regardless if you use your key or the remote.

Blowing compressed air in the keyhole will have no effect on the switch either because its linked mechanically via the keyswitch.

Hope this helps,

Chris.

I recently changed my 11 year old battery and the random triggering of the security system has ceased. Does it make sense that a nearly dead battery might have sporadically not supplied enough current to the security system to effectively trigger a false alarm?

a week car battery can cause false triggers. Its the voltage drop that causes this.

I thought I should mention that the random alarm problem was finally diagnosed to the rear trunk lock requiring adjustment. What a relief! I no longer have to worry about possibly disturbing the neighborhood when I park the car outside.

If I may dredge up an old thread.I am getting the same problem with my 2000 NSX. The OEM alarm is activated by locking the car with the key. I walk away. and a few minutes later it goes off with horn and lights up. Seems to be random.Is there a code that one could read from the alarm to find out which switch is triggering the false alarm?Thanks

Back