• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Set of Enkei RPM2 wheels

Pictures:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8403&highlight=rpm2

I have a set of Enkei RPM2 wheels for sale. The fronts are 17x8 +45mm. The rears are 18x9 +35mm. The rears have half-worn Kumho Ecsta Supra 712s, but need to be swapped left-to-right (camber wear). The fronts have worn Ecsta Supra 712s. They're more worn than the rears, but should last about as long.

3 of the wheels are in like-new condition, save for some scratches in the powdercoat on the back of the spokes from testing fitment (you can't see it when the wheels are mounted). One rear has some gnarly curb scrapes on the outer edge. I'm sure the damage can be fixed, but I'm not positive the finish can be matched perfectly (I never got a quote). Functionally, though, the wheel is just fine.

The wheels are light and strong. ~17lbs for the front, and ~18lbs for the rear. They are made of forged aluminum.

I recommend running 215/40/17 and 255/35/18 on these rims (that's what's on it). Tires are easy to find in these sizes.

Here's the bad news, and why I'm selling. They won't fit over early-model stock brakes, and they won't fit over big brakes. I hacked my caliper mounting brackets up to fit them, but I really can't recommend this to someone else. I haven't experienced any ill-effects on the street, and my mechanic said it shouldn't cause any problems, but still...

They *should* fit over 97+ brakes, because the caliper mounting bracket is much more compact on those. However, I haven't tried it yet. They should probably fit over stock 91-96 brakes with a 10mm spacer (enkei specs the 17x8 +35mm for the front of the NSX).

These wheels are very, very good looking, though, and light and strong for the price.

I'm asking $800 for the set, with tires. A new rear wheel should cost about $300 from Discount Tire Direct (less with NSX Club discount) if the buyer decides to go that route. If someone with an early model car wants the wheels, I'll be more than willing to arrange somewhere to meet and swap front brake caliper brackets between cars. If someone with 97+ brakes wants to test fit them, let me know.

I'm in the LA area (Marina del Rey). I can ship the wheels, but I'm not sure how much that will cost, especially because of the tires.

-Mike

Back