• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Share Your Ownership Experience

Hi,

I was hoping a few people might weigh in here as to what it is like to own one of these cars in 2020. How are they holding up, what are the problem areas, are they really worth current values (I know, they are worth whatever the market will bear, but what I mean is, $75k buys a LOT of car...is a clean, high-mileage NSX worth that kind of money as a car, not the myth they have become?).

Also, has anyone bought one, then decide it wasn't for them and sold it? I'd love to hear from you, as well. Was it a case of meeting your hero or did you find you underwhelmed by the driving dynamics, or was the maintenance higher than you expected, or what?

I have always admired these cars, had a chance to drive one last fall and was even more smitten...I think they are beautiful. A beautiful shape, beautifully engineered, and I loved that old-school, simple, mechanical nature. The cockpit, while dated, is an ergonomic work of art. And when I see one of these...the lines are so familiar, it's like seeing an old friend I've known since boyhood, if that makes sense. They just seem so 'right' in so many ways.

Anyway, I've been considering adding one to the stable for years. I guess I'm concerned about buying a 20-30 year old car. Figured I'd get some insight from people who own/have owned them.

Thanks in advance!

Back