• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shine Auto Project: Kei Office Style Front Half Bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.
We offered this product long ago and we're now re-offering the product because of some demand. This is a replica of Kei Office front half bumper, which is extremely rare. Kei office is no longer in business.

There were fitment issues initially, which we now know was caused by to thick of a laminant. The thick laminant did now allow for the lip to be pushed back all the way giving the impression that the part was short. The part is now fine.

Material: The product is made in our flexible hybrid frp material.

Front half lip is $350.

Shipping to the lower 48 states is $100 to a business; $125 to residential.

We do ship international as well. Box size is 72x33x12 inches.

If there are any further questions, let us know.

Ken

Last edited:
Awesome!

In!

Pls Pm me total shipped to Ottawa, Canada (K2S2C8).

Cheers
John

PS. Jae, I thought you're selling your NSX?!

Nice lip! I wondered what happened to this product.

Last edited:
quite interesting. . .

This replaces the OEM front bumper's lower-valance & lip?

Also, this is generally the same material as the OEM front bumper?

Most pictures I have are of a few JDM cars. It is a very rare lip even in Japan, so pictures are hard to come by. There are only a very few who have this in the U.S.

Here are a few more pics.

Shipping to Canada is a bit expensive as Fedex has a new policy of collecting custom charges and taxes upfront from the shipper, whereas they used to collect it from the recipient. I believe we can ship this lip to Canada of $200, but you will not be getting an extra bill from custom. I believe we can fit 2 of these in a box.

Re: quite interesting. . .

This replaces the OEM front bumper's lower-valance & lip?

Also, this is generally the same material as the OEM front bumper?

This indeed replaces the OEM bottom half bumper. The oem material is a special plastic unlikely found in after-market aero parts because of the high tooling cost.

Our hybrid FRP material is a flexible composite material. It is essentially flexible fiberglass similar to the GT and Type-1 lip we currently offer to the NSX market. We believe it is the next best thing. Compared to urethane, the composite material is lighter, easier for a bodyshop to work with, adheres better to paint, and because composites are "thermosets" as opposed to "thermoforms" (urethane), the shape will not alter with heat, which is why urethane parts have sagging issues. OEM bumpers are a very high end thermoform designed to withstand heat but has a very high tooling cost to achieve those properties. It is unlikely that aftermarket urethane aero parts to be considered in the same class as OEM urethane. I know this is a common misperception.

The only drawback I see with the hybrid FRP material is that it is not "AS" flexible as some of these aero urethane parts and is not as durable. However, it is much more durable and flexible than standard fiberglass.

Ken

Last edited:
oh, nice...

Ken, thanks a bunch! That's pretty much all I wanted to know, quite appreciative of your insights & your time in addressing my queries.

I'm a bit notorious for slayin' front-bumper lower-valances & lips... :redface:

I really like this option, it's rather cost effective & seems to be plausibly more durable than a great many composite after-market front-bumper/lips.

The seamless addition of a front-lip is what I'm drawn to, as molding after-market lips to the OEM front-bumper's lower-valance has proven to be endeavorous & non-durable in the long-run.

(need someone to buy one in my area so I can see it in person, grrr...)

One last question, does this Kei Office style front valance/lip sit lower than the OEM setup? I only ask as I have OEM side-skirt/rocker-panels, and don't intend to change them. I want to avoid a front-heavy/dustbuster-look! :D

Last edited:
Re: oh, nice...

Ken, thanks a bunch! That's pretty much all I wanted to know, quite appreciative of your insights & your time in addressing my queries.

I'm a bit notorious for slayin' front-bumper lower-valances & lips... :redface:

I really like this option, it's rather cost effective & seems to be plausibly more durable than a great many composite after-market front-bumper/lips.

The seamless addition of a front-lip is what I'm drawn to, as molding after-market lips to the OEM front-bumper's lower-valance has proven to be endeavorous & non-durable in the long-run.

(need someone to buy one in my area so I can see it in person, grrr...)

One last question, does this Kei Office style front valance/lip sit lower than the OEM setup? I only ask as I have OEM side-skirt/rocker-panels, and don't intend to change them. I want to avoid a front-heavy/dustbuster-look! :D

This lip definitely sits much lower than the oem side setup. We had a discussion about which sides would match the best, but all the sides that came up were on the bulky end... such as do-luck, marga hills, kei office ...

It will be interesting to see how the community plays it out.

Does this thing just mount on top of your oem lower valence?

Ya, is it just like rear spats that slap on?
How is it held in place then?
What is the finish that i comes in?
If its a slap on, then my stock Canadian Driving lights can stay in place?
What is the lowest point off of the road in inches on a stock car?
Thanks
Trev

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=563512

Last edited:
wow, im glad your offering again, i think i will have to wait for a couple months to get this, maybe hehehehe

i can vouch for their quality and service, as I have ordered stuff from Ken before

Oh No, now mine won't seem as rare
attachment.php

hit us up with some front clearances!
Nice to see some canadian cars with this front.
I might have to get one as well.
Trev
p.s. My 91 with stock 15/16 is 5" in the middle and 4.75"in the corners down to 4.5" as it wraps back to the front wheels.

hit us up with some front clearances!
Nice to see some canadian cars with this front.
I might have to get one as well.
Trev
p.s. My 91 with stock 15/16 is 5" in the middle and 4.75"in the corners down to 4.5" as it wraps back to the front wheels.

This lip hangs super low.
Center of lip is 2.75"
Front corner is 3.5"
Wheel well is 4"

I have 17/18 rims and dropped on comptech springs, so not really slamed at all but the lip is waaay low to the ground. You just have to be careful

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back