• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Shipping, open or enclosed

I am going to ship my NSX from Florida to Los Angeles. Would you recommend shipping it in an enclosed or open truck carrier. In addition, have you heard of any horror shipping stories especially with regards to shipping an NSX in an OPEN carrier.

Originally posted by CoolToy:
I am going to ship my NSX from Florida to Los Angeles. Would you recommend shipping it in an enclosed or open truck carrier

There's no way you want to ship your car in anything but a closed truck. I shipped my Legend from SF to Denver in a enclosed truck and it still got dirty. Also I make sure the truck has air shocks.

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 31 December 2000).]

If the car is a beater and you don't care about the possiblity of grapefruit-sized hail damage or the like, definitely transport it open. If the car is pristine and you want to keep it that way, definitely transport it closed. I used InterCity Lines from NC to CA. Cost = $1450, including all insurance. Best luck.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

Back