• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shots of silver NSX

Agreed. Or any other solution. I imagine that the design folks barfed in their mouths a little bit when some engineer told them they had to have this ugly dimple in their design.

Knowing the amount of time and money Honda put into the NSX, if the engineers could have come up with an alternate location and method of manually opening the door they would have done it.
In the case of the manual door unlocking I have no idea why it's where it is, but I've found with Honda, there are usually valid reasons for what they do.
It's a distracting design element to be sure, but glad they opted for a simple, easy to maintain, fail safe system and not a complicated but pretty system that might fail and leave you locked out or locked in.

Agreed. Or any other solution. I imagine that the design folks barfed in their mouths a little bit when some engineer told them they had to have this ugly dimple in their design.

Maybe the "BumperPlugs" guys will provide an (imperfect) solution.

See: http://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_12

After my Post I thought a bit more and started thinking I've actually seen my under the handle suggestion somewhere.
Then light went on and I double checked.
What I suggested is actually what Nissan did with GT-R and only on driver door. (It's been in covered storage on a lift since Nov so I forgot about it) Maybe it was jealous of the soon to be addition and subliminally talking to me on how it is better engineered and made me make the post?
Anyway, with Left handle partially open, there is a key hole (under a removable plastic plug) at the end which opens. Fob's hidden key is used to remove the plug (by turning) and then inserted to open or lock w/o power.

I also like GT-Rs flush infrared Thumb sensor to lock or unlock as long as fob is on your person.
OK, SO it really is just a flush push button. But I tell strangers or friends who ask that it is a Bio Thumbprint Scanner/Sensor so once programmed like an iPhone, only I can use it.
And after they go WOW etc. and I can't hold back any more, I chuckle and come clean on it merely being a flush button.

...I've found with Honda, there are usually valid reasons for what they do.

It is self-evident that Honda thought their final solution was an acceptable compromise...just like the 996 team surely thought to themselves "everyone likes fried eggs, right? These headlamps will be fine--- people will learn to love them."

What I suggested is actually what Nissan did with GT-R and only on driver door. Anyway, with Left handle partially open, there is a key hole (under a removable plastic plug) at the end which opens. Fob's hidden key is used to remove the plug (by turning) and then inserted to open or lock w/o power.

The GTR designers were able to place the opening handle lower on the door and have a very clean line.
Nicely done.
With the NSX body shape looks like the designers chose to put the handle higher on the door and at quite an angle, not as near the unlatching mechanism as on the GTR.
So they compromised with the key hole.
One of likely dozens of compromises the NSX designers made to finish the car.

It has been some time and I have yet to see any good pix of silver in good lighting. Has anyone seen ones to share which are better than in post above so far?
I spoke with a nearby dealer who had seen silver recently at Ohio and he said it was gorgeous. I would prefer to see and judge myself, hopefully before my dealer gets allocation green light to submit my build.

Last edited:
I like the silver. Especially in the front nose area. But the black wheels and red calipers are a mismatch in my opinion.
It needs some silver wheels and black calipers to match the rest of the car.

I disagree as red typically goes well with silver... IMHO any. If red is a mix match, then what about the rear lights? Regardless, it doesn't matter since we have choices to build it our preferred way. I like the silver calipers too, pending other things. But now we know they may turn yellowish/goldish... or maybe Iomola Orange?
I wish a nice rich and deep gold (which didn't turn silver) was an option also. Oh well.

Last edited:
FINALLY
My GM was able to get his Rep to acquire a few official pix of S Silver.
Unfortunately, the setting which looks like a storage warehouse doesn't not have the greatest lighting compared to pix seen in factory or outdoors for other colors. So I think the color is not allowed to pop in these as it would in better conditions.
But us look for pix in SS will have to get by with what we can get. Mine will have polished wheels and not have the carbon spoiler so I think I'll like it better that this version.
Seeing the VRP in background in Pic 2 has me thinking of Plan B, I I'll stay with SS plus since order locked on 6/3, I probably couldn't change it even if I wanted to I was told.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Silver NSX _JPG.jpg
    Silver NSX _JPG.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 210
  • Silver NSX 2_JPG.jpg
    Silver NSX 2_JPG.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 212
  • Silver NSX 3_JPG.jpg
    Silver NSX 3_JPG.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 213
  • Silver NSX 4_JPG.jpg
    Silver NSX 4_JPG.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 209
That looks pretty fine in silver. Doesn't cost 6 grand extra to boot! Are your polished wheels the same design Gadgetman?
NO
The polished wheels are only available with slanted spoke "interwoven" style.

Silver makes the car more stealthy, IMHO. I like it. I gut my GT-R in Super Silver in part because I knew the car was going to be rare (for a while) and bold on the street (I didn't even know about the teenage boys chasing me down to take photos--- If I did, I'd have gotten camo paint). I think Silver turns things down a bit and nudged the care from "flashy" to "classy."

I am currently going through a "Blue Period," so went that route, but this silver would be a good choice for someone trying to NOT attract any more attention that necessary.

Silver makes the car more stealthy, IMHO. I like it. I gut my GT-R in Super Silver in part because I knew the car was going to be rare (for a while) and bold on the street (I didn't even know about the teenage boys chasing me down to take photos--- If I did, I'd have gotten camo paint). I think Silver turns things down a bit and nudged the care from "flashy" to "classy."

I am currently going through a "Blue Period," so went that route, but this silver would be a good choice for someone trying to NOT attract any more attention that necessary.

Great minds think a like?! My '09 GT-R pre-ordered (just like my Gen2) is Super Silver as well.
Plus, I just picked up a mint/cream puff low miles Gen 1 ('02) in Silverstone. I've only had it on the road a few days so far, but does it get looks and Kudos!
I'm thrilled with it more than expected.
My dealer has his current facility for sale and they are in process of building a huge mega dealership facility which may be completed before year end. I told the I will let them have both '02 and '17 for Grand opening floor room display as long as they are properly roped off from onlookers hands etc.

Back