• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Should I or should I not?

Hi guys

My car is year 2000 and has 28K. I bought this car 4 months ago from reputable dealer, selling exotic cars only www.jemmotorcorp.com, for $45K. From Carfax, there were 6 owners before me, but it is in a mint condition. This dealer bought it from a leasing company and they could only obtain the records of a new clutch and oil change at 16K, other than that there were no records. The service was done at Acura dealer ( Neillo Acura in Sacramento) where I intend to bring my car in for timing belt, H2O pump, and other belts.

Questions: The car is 8 years old and only 28K. 1)Should I change the timing belt, H2O and other belts. 2) Should I also change transmission, brake, abs fluids as well and radiator hoses since they will be flushing the radiator fluid?3) Is there anything else that I need to do for that kind of mileage (adjust the valves, maybe)? Or Is it a waste of $$?

Now the REAL question that I want your opinions: When I talked to the guy at the dealer, he wants his mechanic to drive my car around to see what is/are recommended to fix/replace. SHOULD I ALLOW HIM TO DO SO? Or tell the guy to go to hell and just do what I ask for.

I have been driving the car and from what I know there is nothing wrong with it. Or maybe what do I know!!!

Suggestions, please. Thank you

P.S: Do you think I got a good deal at $45K?

Hi guys

My car is year 2000 and has 28K. I bought this car 4 months ago from reputable dealer, selling exotic cars only www.jemmotorcorp.com, for $45K. From Carfax, there were 6 owners before me, but it is in a mint condition. This dealer bought it from a leasing company and they could only obtain the records of a new clutch and oil change at 16K, other than that there were no records. The service was done at Acura dealer ( Neillo Acura in Sacramento) where I intend to bring my car in for timing belt, H2O pump, and other belts.

Questions: The car is 8 years old and only 28K. 1)Should I change the timing belt, H2O and other belts. 2) Should I also change transmission, brake, abs fluids as well and radiator hoses since they will be flushing the radiator fluid?3) Is there anything else that I need to do for that kind of mileage (adjust the valves, maybe)? Or Is it a waste of $$?

Now the REAL question that I want your opinions: When I talked to the guy at the dealer, he wants his mechanic to drive my car around to see what is/are recommended to fix/replace. SHOULD I ALLOW HIM TO DO SO? Or tell the guy to go to hell and just do what I ask for.

I have been driving the car and from what I know there is nothing wrong with it. Or maybe what do I know!!!

Suggestions, please. Thank you

I think Neillo is pretty highly recommend in these here parts. I don't see a problem with the mechanic driving it. I would go along with him, of course.

P.S: Do you think I got a good deal at $45K?

Little late for that isn't it? :wink:

i think you got a pretty good deal, as the price for NA2 nsx's with the flip up lights 97-2001 have been steady in the $40K range for a while now. with the miles you have and condition you have stated, the price seems pretty fair. however, even with the low miles, for prevention's sake, i think most would go ahead with the tb/wp service, along with replacing a good amount of the hoses and flushing the fluids (as they've been sitting for a while most likely.

Back