• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sides/ends of rear bumper not flush with rear fenders

Another body question; I've been looking at the service manual trying to find something about adjustment possibilities of the fenders and/or the rear bumper, and also searching this forum, but can't seem to find anything.

So before I remove the bumper, I figured I should ask the question:
Has anyone seen and managed to adjust a problem such as the one shown on the images below?

Below: The problem with the fit on the left hand side of the rear bumper, where it meets the left rear fender.
trunklidandtaillights01.jpg

Below: The problem with the fit on the right hand side of the rear bumper, where it meets the right rear fender.
trunklidandtaillights01.jpg

(Yes, I had the taillights off - for changing the gaskets towards the chassi - when shooting these pics :))

You will need to remove the bumper and check the support L bracket if it is bent or out of place.. You can also check underneath to see if any hardware os missing. I had this issue due to the rear bracket not installed correctly from shops removal and installation.

You will need to remove the bumper and check the support L bracket if it is bent or out of place.. You can also check underneath to see if any hardware os missing. I had this issue due to the rear bracket not installed correctly from shops removal and installation.

Excellent! Thanks, I will check tonight.

Back