• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Silver 1999 JH4NA2165XT000066

CarCrazed,
While I'm sure the OP apprecites you running him that free carfax report, I wouldn't be shocked if I were you to have you account cancelled and get charged extra for doing that.
CARFAX regularly patrols these boards looking for folks doing exactly what you just did. Nice gesture but it might end up costing you.
One thing I never have understood. If someone like the OP is looking to buy a $25-30k car, why are they being so cheap and not want to get their own 30-day unlimited check with CARFAX????? Gee whiz.:confused: :rolleyes:

CarCrazed,
While I'm sure the OP apprecites you running him that free carfax report, I wouldn't be shocked if I were you to have you account cancelled and get charged extra for doing that.
CARFAX regularly patrols these boards looking for folks doing exactly what you just did. Nice gesture but it might end up costing you.
One thing I never have understood. If someone like the OP is looking to buy a $25-30k car, why are they being so cheap and not want to get their own 30-day unlimited check with CARFAX????? Gee whiz.:confused: :rolleyes:

I'm always looking for cars to buy. I'd have to run carfax year-round, which is a hassle. I think that's the reason most people hesitate to buy it when looking for weekend cars. Just because you are buying a car of a high value dollar wise doesn't mean you are any more inclined to waste money. I've found it's usually the opposite. In my experiences the PO will often provide a car fax link/document if he/she is serious about selling the car.

Just because you are buying a car of a high value dollar wise doesn't mean you are any more inclined to waste money.

who said you are wasting it if it provides you with a service that you want? I stick by my statement that if you are to cheap to pay for the service then you probably shouldn't be looking for that price of a car.
I will agree about a seller should be willing to provide a copy of CARFAX though.

who said you are wasting it if it provides you with a service that you want? I stick by my statement that if you are to cheap to pay for the service then you probably shouldn't be looking for that price of a car.
I will agree about a seller should be willing to provide a copy of CARFAX though.
OK SPORTS FANS, Thanks for the feedback, just what I asked for. The seller has a CARFAX account and so do I. Ice up a could one, breath some 100% oxygen and mellow out. Its nice to climb out of the cockpit after a hard day at 35,000ft and get some useful info. Absolutely great forum. Thanks!

Back