• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sitting in the Orlando Delta Sky Club waiting to pick up my NSX

Beauty. I remember my drive from Mineral, VA back to Nashville on a beautiful November Saturday 3 years ago feeling like I had a giant Monty Python finger pointing at me due to all of the VA LEOs & Traffic Corridors. Really didn't give a damn either because I had finally realized my dream.

Now THIS is a Christmas to remember. Welcome to the club---

thanks everyone!! I picked it up last night and drove to Miami. This car is amazing and the experience is something else. For a 20 year old car it feels brand new. Everything just feels right and well balanced. The transmission snaps into gear and the engine just wants to be revved. unlike my 350z it feels so much more stable and the engine noise is to die for. I have barly turned on the radio. lol...

Its crazy with all the stares and people stopping at lights to talk etc... Am still trying to get used to that . Overall, its everything I always thought it could be and am thrilled to have made the move to get it!

As far as mods, I am getting the JDM nav pod and a NSX-R carbon fiber spoiler and thats about it for now.

Here is a new pic. Will post more throughout my trip over the next week or so.

nsx2.JPG
Love the car sounds like how I felt a few months ago when I picked mine up. I bought the nsxr rear spoiler for my car . I went with down force which was a lot more than the others. Best choice I made because after attending a Nsx meet with a lot of nsxr replica spoilers you can really tell the difference in fit, finish and even the color. DF products are top notch

I'd do an 02+ valence or at least do a lip like shine or wings west before I did that ugly R spoiler.

I see it on mine everyday and from certain angles... man it is just ugly.

I saw your car while heading to Orlando for vacation. It was parked at a gas station/burger king off I-75. The moment I saw it, I knew it was you :). The car looks amazing in person.....

I saw your car while heading to Orlando for vacation. It was parked at a gas station/burger king off I-75. The moment I saw it, I knew it was you :). The car looks amazing in person.....

ha, that's awesome! yep that was me. with the exception of all the wrecks, what a great drive! after 11 hours I still felt great. we're changing all the hoses now and putting the alarm system in tomorrow before shipping it out to LA. looking forward to getting some nice california drives in!

Congrats. Good to have another one in Cali. I see you are having it shipped to LA so I assume you are in SoCal. We have lots of meets/drives all year long. Keep an eye in the SoCal section here for upcoming events. Hope to meet you and the car soon:smile:

Just got the car loaded on the truck that is bringing it to LA. What a stressful experience!

I forewarned the transport company that it was a low car and the driver did bring some extra planks to help get it up the ramp. In the end I had to pull the front lip off but it cleared with no problems. What makes me nervous is he smoked my clutch pretty bad trying to ease it up the ramp. Hopefully my clutch is OK. Its felt great so I don't have any reason to believe it was getting ready to go out but I have never seen a clutch smoke before. Hope its OK!?

It should be in California on the 5th and am looking forward to getting some nice drives in!

Just got the car loaded on the truck that is bringing it to LA. What a stressful experience!

I forewarned the transport company that it was a low car and the driver did bring some extra planks to help get it up the ramp. In the end I had to pull the front lip off but it cleared with no problems. What makes me nervous is he smoked my clutch pretty bad trying to ease it up the ramp. Hopefully my clutch is OK. Its felt great so I don't have any reason to believe it was getting ready to go out but I have never seen a clutch smoke before. Hope its OK!?

It should be in California on the 5th and am looking forward to getting some nice drives in!

Which company did you use?

Dude...they should not be smoking your clutch. That is a $2,100 mistake.

I'd be documenting the smoking clutch with them before it gets delivered to LA. That is just wrong.

Congrats on the new ride and looking forward to meeting you on one of our canyon runs soon. I still remember the redeye flight and all day drive after I picked up my baby. Gives me chicken skin those memories:biggrin:

Congrats on the Christmas present / aquisition after years of searching, very clean looking car and nice wheels.

Get to know her real well before you explore the upper limits, excellent advice from others on that point

Enjoy the "walk away - look back" syndrome, it never gets old :smile:

When your car gets to it's destination, I'm assuming you will be there to watch the off loading right? Make sure the driver does not do the same thing...although unlikely going down the ramp..but could still ride the clutch getting the car off the transporter. Better still drive the car yourself, that is if they will let you. I would let the company know that the driver seriously smoked the clutch and that you will need it inspected to make sure there is no damage. No sure on what the contract says about liability, but seriously smoking the clutch could rise to the level of carelessness/negligence. Also, check with your insurance or any insurance you purchased for the transportation of your car. Good luck and enjoy your car. siD

Last edited:
When your car gets to it's destination, I'm assuming you will be there to watch the off loading right? Make sure the driver does not do the same thing...although unlikely going down the ramp..but could still ride the clutch getting the car off the transporter. Better still drive the car yourself, that is if they will let you. I would let the company know that the driver seriously smoked the clutch and that you will need it inspected to make sure there is no damage. No sure on what the contract says about liability, but seriously smoking the clutch could rise to the level of carelessness/negligence. Also, check with your insurance or any insurance you purchased for the transportation of your car. Good luck and enjoy your car. siD

Good advice and yes I will be there when its delivered. I know the driver was only trying to make sure he didn't launch it off the ramp but it freaked me out when my clutch started smoking. I'm headed back to LA today and am going to call the transport company Monday to let them know its going to need to be inspected.

It was stressful for all of us getting it on the truck but I was very clear with the broker for the transport company that it was a low (3in) car and if they couldn't handle it, I would talk to someone else. They (Rite-Way Transport) said no problem and advised me that they are fully insured to the extent that the car would get to me in the exact same condition it was delivered in.

Fingers crossed all is OK.

Back