• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Slumdog Millionaire

I just finished watching the movie and thought it was great. I was curious to see how it did as far as gross ticket sales and then I found this.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/26/india.movie.slumdog.children/index.html

Man, after winning 8 Oscars in February, and grossing over 300,000,000 worldwide, I can't believe that this is how these (in my opinion) stars are treated.

I own my own business and when I profit I share it with my employees, albeit it may not be much, but I try to take care of those that help me get to the top.

What do you think?

Well I agree with you too.....but, if they signed a contract that did not provide for a percentage of the profits......the contract is the contract. I would like to think that people do the right thing when they realize unexpected profits but what can you do? Oh and excellent movie.

I just finished watching the movie and thought it was great. I was curious to see how it did as far as gross ticket sales and then I found this.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/26/india.movie.slumdog.children/index.html

Man, after winning 8 Oscars in February, and grossing over 300,000,000 worldwide, I can't believe that this is how these (in my opinion) stars are treated.

I own my own business and when I profit I share it with my employees, albeit it may not be much, but I try to take care of those that help me get to the top.

What do you think?
well..by the time all the SHAREHOLDERS are paid and the taxes and when you figure that the actors now are stars and can get multimillion dollar contracts in the future (can you say sequel?) i think this may be more equitable than first look. trainspotting was a good movie also and did not make much money if any for the investors.

I'm not sure what better gift you could give an underpriveleged child than a paid for education.

BWAHAHAHAHAHa......

Those responses made my day. :biggrin:

Let Madonna (or Angelina) adopt them?

Ummmm - No! My wife says I can make a brown baby with Angelina if She is ok with it:biggrin: So far I haven't heard back from her but I will keep on trying.

This was one of the biggest pieces of crap that I have ever attempted to watch.

Horrible movie.

Back