• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport

So lemme get this straight.

All that stock does is extends and voila it's fully automatic? I've never imagined or seen anything like that.

Its a stock that has a bunch of play in it and the recoil coupled with all of the play allows for bumpfire.

yea you just let the gun jump forward and you hold your finger in front of the trigger and the gun hits your finger which causes the next round to be fired... there are ways to do this w/o the slide fire but its tough...

We found the best way to get the slide fire going is to use a vertical grip and for the first shot you push forward on the grip to pull the trigger instead of squeezing it.

Studies found the slidefire to be 3x more fun in states that don't require a 10 round mag :)

Using copious amounts of 556 within the context of this social/political climate = baller.

thats the same thing that is happening in Florida, gun shows are maxed out, its like black friday at walmart.

people rushing in to buy one stomping down kids an old women to get in. LOL

we have been saying stock up now. guns guns guns, what about FOOD?

MRE's can keep you alive in def. atleast get 1 year of MRE's off ebay. thank me later.

Whats wierd to me is, that people that have never had any intention on owning an assault rifle are lining up for one at +double the guns value. A huge majority of these bought will likely never be taken out of the closet.:rolleyes:

Whats wierd to me is, that people that have never had any intention on owning an assault rifle are lining up for one at +double the guns value. A huge majority of these bought will likely never be taken out of the closet.:rolleyes:

I've became a liaison amongst many of my friends helping them out with firearm purchases the past few weeks, I guess it's known that I'm a nut. The most bizarre of all was a close friend of mine that has an extreme gun phobia as he watched his step dad commit suicide via a shotgun when he was 9 years old. He and I were roommates for 3 years in my early 20's and it was a set rule that he didn't want me to have a firearm in the house so I respected that. He knew that years following I became an avid collector, but it's never a topic that we talk about.

Fast forward to two weeks ago, we're out eating dinner and he says "I'd like to get an AR, how do I go about this?", my jaw pretty much hit the floor. I told him he was two weeks late to the party but he insisted that money wasn't an object. So I showed him a few out of my collection and he said he liked the Colt 6920, he then proceeded to pay $2500 for one on gunbroker minutes later.

Picked up my M&P15OR!

Yep! I picked one up a couple of weeks back / M&P15OR as well as a M&P9mm & M&P22LR..
1st time Firearm Owner..

Attachments

• MP15OR.jpg
    MP15OR.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 46
  • MP 9 & 22LR.jpg
    MP 9 & 22LR.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 46
...M&P9mm & M&P22LR..
1st time Firearm Owner..

Congrats! Apex Tactical produces a trigger system that absolutely transforms the M&P. It's like night and day. Not too difficult to install either.

Which brings me to an interesting segue: anybody else mod their weapons?

It is. Have them in both of my ARs. The break is much more crisp and clean with a much shorter reset. Install isn't bad either. Geissele has a comprehensive video on the install on youtube.

It is. Have them in both of my ARs. The break is much more crisp and clean with a much shorter reset. Install isn't bad either. Geissele has a comprehensive video on the install on youtube.

They make two triggers, one that's one size fits all and the other that is for pre-2010 colts. I have no idea how to identify the year of any of my Colts. They all have that "restricted" rollmark so I know that's a clue that they are slightly dated, maybe there's a serial number lookup? Not sure.

I found some tulammo .223 but its steel cased and most ranges in CA wont allow steel cased (still trying to figure out if the projectile itself is steel or not?) anyone know? its extremely cheap and russian made:

http://www.bulkammo.com/bulk-223-ammo-223rem55fmjtula-1001

I'm hoping I can use this at the range as long as they'll let me collect and trash the shells since they like to reload all the brass laying around on the floor... I guess it depends on the range officer on duty at the time any how busy they are...... I usually go to oak tree but need to find some other options on ranges in LA.

- - - Updated - - -

I have some extra .223 Tulammo for sale if anyone wants to buy it.... PM Me!

How exactly does *any* of these "executive orders" infringe on our 2nd amendment? And the hilter reference.......... AGAIN?

Depends on what he wants to accomplish with his "executive orders", what he thinks is within his powers under executive privledge and what the real end game is. Didn't we see how executive privledge was abused in Fast and Furious? (gun walking, not the awesome movie with Vance's NSX)

For the record from the CDC:
88,000 Americans die every year from alcohol abuse
443,000 die from cigarettes
48,000 of those die from second hand smoke, ie: kids trapped in cars with chain smoking parents
vs 12,000 firearm deaths
Additionally, how much drain on the health care system as these poor folks die their slow, excruciating deaths?
Where's the furor to kill cigarette and alcohol sales? Oh wait, it's HUGE business- too big to fail.

Where guns have been registered this has been the first step towards seizure: Hitler's Germany, Fascist Italy, Russia, Australia and more.

Folks in other countries that have had gun control support our right to keep and bear arms:

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/28-12-2012/123335-americans_guns-0/

Our forefathers were smart enough to know that an armed citizenship is a great check and balance preventing a government from running roughshod over its citizens- as happened in pre-WW2 Germany and Italy as well as Russia in the 1930's when Stalin took power and killed approximately 750,000 Russians in the Great Purge after disarming them.

In 1938 Hitler forbade Jews from owning guns and disarmed them. One Million Jewish children were killed, Two Million Jewish women and Three Million Jewish men.

There's the Hitler reference, respectfully.

“All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party.” - Mao Tze Tung

China established gun control in 1929. From 1948 to 1952, 10 MILLION political dissidents were rounded up and killed.

Amazing how brilliant our forefathers were and the extent of their foresight.

Back OT, Enjoy your Military and Police 15 Sport!

You should get this before they are banned. I have one on my AR-15 and love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0f7OCnrrpk

http://www.slidefire.com/

that things is illegal... dont pass the fud you just made yourself and possibly other members a felon lol.

12020 PC.

(a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not
exceeding one year or in the state prison:
(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or
exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, or possesses any ... {snip}..., any multiburst trigger activator,
...{snip}....

(c)
(23) As used in this section, a "multiburst trigger activator" means one of the following devices:
(A) A device designed or redesigned to be attached to a semiautomatic firearm which allows the
firearm to discharge two or more shots in a burst by activating the device.

(B) A manual or power-driven trigger activating device constructed and designed so that when
attached to a semiautomatic firearm it increases the rate of fire of that firearm.

Does anyone here think that there'd eventually be a nation wide gun confiscation set forth? In Katrina they confiscated all the guns from every citizen for no reason and it was very quiet..... for me I feel that it would lead to a civil war if the UN or US army tried to confiscate everyones guns in the US... there are over 270M guns in this country how could this be done? Of course everyone is freaking out saying that they're trying to take away our guns but it didn't happen in the 1994 assault weapons ban and nothing has happened since...... not trying to start a political debate but what are your thoughts? I can't find any reliable info online bc it all links to these conspiracy theory sites which are mostly garbage and fear mongering crap.......

some context:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=RmmCzVnAArs

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what does this means?

Caliber: 5.56 mm NATO / .223???

Does it mean you can either use 5.56 mm or .233???

Thanks in advance!

Can someone tell me what does this means?

Caliber: 5.56 mm NATO / .223???

Does it mean you can either use 5.56 mm or .233???

Thanks in advance!

If the barrel is stamped with 5.56 that means it can accept 5.56 round which have higher pressure and shoot hotter. ...... .223 & 5.56x45 are basically identical in size but the differences are (I believe) the 5.56 are higher muzzel velocity and higher pressure. So unless you're barrel has 5.56 on it DO NOT shoot it in your AR otherwise your gun can literally explode. It has to be specifically chambered for 5.56 in order to handle it.....

more info:

http://www.humanevents.com/2011/02/15/223-remington-vs-556-nato-what-you-dont-know-could-hurt-you/

If the barrel is stamped with 5.56 that means it can accept 5.56 round which have higher pressure and shoot hotter. ...... .223 & 5.56x45 are basically identical in size but the differences are (I believe) the 5.56 are higher muzzel velocity and higher pressure. So unless you're barrel has 5.56 on it DO NOT shoot it in your AR otherwise your gun can literally explode. It has to be specifically chambered for 5.56 in order to handle it.....

more info:

http://www.humanevents.com/2011/02/15/223-remington-vs-556-nato-what-you-dont-know-could-hurt-you/

Thanks for the info! So i can shoot .233 in a 5.56mm barrel correct?

- - - Updated - - -

NVM! I get what you saying :wink:

Back