• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport

http://www.dsarms.com/pdf/AR15-SchematicPDF.pdf

This is also helpful for those that are new to AR's like me..... but I learn fast! :)

Yep! All day long! what rifle did you get!? :) Lets see it!

I'm trying to find these parts and modify the crap out of mine:

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=522800 (pics at the bottom)

The parts are:
Yankee hill diamond free float quad rail specter (out of stock everywhere)
Low profile gas block (not quite sure what size I need)
end cap for the free floating rails.

So in order to do this, I have to remove the existing rails, front sights, gas block, & delta ring.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXlVf5hu9qQ

Anyone know of a website that I can go look at some AR and purchase it online???

hmm If you're in TX I'm sure you can get one at any 7/11...... all kidding aside it'd be pretty tough to find one right now but you can try gunbroker.com - its kind of like ebay but for guns and parts and ammo etc.......

Prices are crazy rite now and yhats if u can even find it if your willing to pay what ever. If the new laws don't pass the prices will drop some but never be as low as they were a few months ago. If it passes they will go up till the day we all get grandfathered and then your shit out of luck.

Anyone know of a website that I can go look at some AR and purchase it online???

gunbroker.com = eBay
armslist.com = Craigslist

Wile prices are through the roof, gunbroker doesn't seem to be too bad right now overall. In comparison to a local shop pricing I've seen lately. I've became an ambassador the last month for all of my friends that all of a sudden took an interest up in firearms, so I've been scanning these sites constantly.

Last edited:
Hey guys I'm looking at a Bushmaster AR-15 Carbon 15, what do you guys think about that piece???
A friend has one. They are fine. It's more of a polycarbonate lower instead of aluminum if I'm not mistaken. I'd have to look at again, but you should'nt have any issues with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya know this is something to think about for you guys planning on buying. AR15.com has countless AR complete lowers for sale, new and used. Yes the price has doubled {expect to pay to least $800.00} but a new Colt complete lower shipped to your FFL and your ready to build your own custom AR any way you like. It's really something to think about. Why buy one and start changing out accessories. Build your own. :wink:

Last edited:
I also own a M&P 15 Sport LEO And bought it early dec. was able to score it for under 750.
But I made the mistake of waiting to order pmag's and they are impossible to find.
I've been using all the connections i can find to get my hands on a few.
If anyone has any, please pm. Id appreciate it.
Stay safe out there

Hang tight, the market is going to bottom out. Too many people panic hoarded to try to make a profit. Tons of people ordered batches of 50, 100+. The $100 PMAG died last week and they're more in the 40-50 range on GB now. This is going to drop out once the market is flooded with the DSG and Brownells backorders. Once they get down to $20-25 is when I'd be okay with buying.

There will not be any fast legislation at this point, they're going to try to do too much too soon and fall on their face.

A friend has one. They are fine. It's more of a polycarbonate lower instead of aluminum if I'm not mistaken. I'd have to look at again, but you should'nt have any issues with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya know this is something to think about for you guys planning on buying. AR15.com has countless AR complete lowers for sale, new and used. Yes the price has doubled {expect to pay to least $800.00} but a new Colt complete lower shipped to your FFL and your ready to build your own custom AR any way you like. It's really something to think about. Why buy one and start changing out accessories. Build your own. :wink:

Hey David, If I want to build my own where do I go to do that? Since you close by do you know any place in Houston that I can do this?:smile:

Hey guys.. Lots of good info here, but for some reason people keep thinking this is the place to post their firearms and accessories for sale / wanted ads. This is not the place to buy and sell, as clearly stated in the forum description. If you want to buy/sell firearms, people have posted links to appropriate sites in the thread already. Please do it on those sites. Thanks.

Sorry!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys thanks for the info. I narrow down what I want and will be going to buy/order mines tomorrow :smile:.

My personal weapon of choice for the last 10 years {9mm}. Don't ask the cost. I'm embarrassed to say. :redface: Let's see some of ya'lls.

untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Nice SBR! I don't care to ever have a NFA item if I can help it, being on the BATF radar voluntarily makes me skiddish.

I make it a point not to post up all of my stuff online, but a ton of tacticool goodies came in today for my most recent AR. I'll be sure to post it up once they're all on.

Nice SBR! I don't care to ever have a NFA item if I can help it, being on the BATF radar voluntarily makes me skiddish.

I make it a point not to post up all of my stuff online, but a ton of tacticool goodies came in today for my most recent AR. I'll be sure to post it up once they're all on.
Owning a class 3 weapon keeps me on the straight and narrow. I don't want to ever lose it so I tend to stay out of trouble.:biggrin:

I hate to break it to ya but a simple rubber band will make an AR15 fully automatic. Youtube it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3_KPVcjh1w

that things is illegal... dont pass the fud you just made yourself and possibly other members a felon lol.

12020 PC.

(a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not
exceeding one year or in the state prison:
(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or
exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, or possesses any ... {snip}..., any multiburst trigger activator,
...{snip}....

(c)
(23) As used in this section, a "multiburst trigger activator" means one of the following devices:
(A) A device designed or redesigned to be attached to a semiautomatic firearm which allows the
firearm to discharge two or more shots in a burst by activating the device.

(B) A manual or power-driven trigger activating device constructed and designed so that when
attached to a semiautomatic firearm it increases the rate of fire of that firearm.

that things is illegal... dont pass the fud you just made yourself and possibly other members a felon lol.

12020 PC.

(a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not
exceeding one year or in the state prison:
(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or
exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, or possesses any ... {snip}..., any multiburst trigger activator,
...{snip}....

(c)
(23) As used in this section, a "multiburst trigger activator" means one of the following devices:
(A) A device designed or redesigned to be attached to a semiautomatic firearm which allows the
firearm to discharge two or more shots in a burst by activating the device.

(B) A manual or power-driven trigger activating device constructed and designed so that when
attached to a semiautomatic firearm it increases the rate of fire of that firearm.
It's not illegal at the moment. I have friends at ATF who know all about it. Some are'nt thrilled but yes, for now it's 100% legal.

It's not illegal at the moment. I have friends at ATF who know all about it. Some are'nt thrilled but yes, for now it's 100% legal.
It's is legal with baft, but that does not mean legal in California.
Bump firing via your fingers and belt loop is also illegal since u don't have control of the weapon, but that's a gray area.
Manufacturing a weapon that can shoot in burst and or rapid fire is illegal even if its a malfunction. Just some FYI, a simple search will give u all the answer you want. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse in our lovely state.

32900. Except as provided in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section
17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, any person in this state who
manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state,
keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives,
lends, or possesses any multiburst trigger activator is
punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one
year or in the state prison.
32990. Except as provided in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section
17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, any multiburst trigger activator
is a nuisance and is subject to Section 18010.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate to break it to ya but a simple rubber band will make an AR15 fully automatic. Youtube it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3_KPVcjh1w

That's not converting a ar-15 into a full auto, that would require milling and extra work I wil not go into. That is what we call be retarded, bump firing and wasting ammo with no control of the weapon. The guy in the video if he attached a rubber band to any part of the gun to make it bump fire, can be charged with manufacturing a machine gun. If he just attached his thumb to a loop and no part is attached to the gun it's legal. But if u do it near a Leo I'm pretty sure u will get detained and question and maybe charged with unsafe handling of a gun

Last edited:
Ahem, davidf lives in "Beaumont, TX" and kookoo lives on the West Coast of Florida. Fairly sure neither give much care to the gun laws in kalifornia.

Yes I know. But the op is from California. Giving him the wrong answers will turn the op into a felon and can face serious jail time.

You should get this before they are banned. I have one on my AR-15 and love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0f7OCnrrpk

http://www.slidefire.com/

Just as mentioned, this is very illegal in California. I have a buddy that owns a police union legal defense company and he knows gun laws in California like the back of his hand. As soon as I asked about the slide firm he told me "if you want to become a felon, go for it." He also said "might be legal to sale here but as soon as you mount it you now have an illegal weapon here in California".

Yes I know. But the op is from California. Giving him the wrong answers will turn the op into a felon and can face serious jail time.

Ahhh, I understand now. My apologies for misunderstanding your post.

Yea I have found most of what I need for now. Just trying to make sure I get the right stuff to clean my gun.....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KEPX2E/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00

got this on the way and some rem oil - will this mess up my barrel if its chrome lined? And how do I tell if my barrel is chromed or not?

Just look down the barrel. You should see chrome at the crown of the muzzle or chamber end. Not a shiny chrome from a 50's Cadillac but something more matte in sheen. CLP will have no effect on your barrel. Chrome lining is meant to increase the longevity of the bore so simple use of CLP has no effect.

General info on chrome lining: http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=2678

I've used most CLPs and use Frog Lube now. It's isimple, non-toxic, works as advertised, and doesn't stink up my work room/house. M-Pro 7 works equally well, especially removing copper fouling, but is toxic.

Back