• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Snapped Axle Help?

Any news on these O'reiley axles for passenger side. I finally got around to pulling mine out yesterday what a PITA! But finally its out. I dont have an oreillys in Miami , and it states no online orders on this item. Any updates?

Last edited:
Any news on these O'reiley axles for passenger side. I finally got around to pulling mine out yesterday what a PITA! But finally its out. I dont have an oreillys in Miami , and it states no online orders on this item. Any updates?

Call Josh @ 9047819104. He is the Assistant Manager for this Oreillys store in Jacksonville, FL. He will order the part which will be shipped to his store. Part number HO-8166 Line code MSV. Once they receive it, he will call you and have it shipped to you via UPS.

Would anyone sharing any update for their product in term of quality?

Also the one shown seems like is the driver side, how about the availability for the right side shaft?

Regards

:smile:

Would anyone sharing any update for their product in term of quality?

Also the one shown seems like is the driver side, how about the availability for the right side shaft?

Regards

:smile:

HO-8166 is the drivers side, they do not carry the passenger side. I have had this axle installed and tracked for a few months with no issues. It looks like a quality part to me.

That axle is doing just fine, and I punish it when I get the chance.

You replied!! I thought that since you haven't been online in a while I wouldn't get a reply for a couple days lol. Good to hear, I'm going to give them a call & purchase. Can't wait to get my baby back on the road. Besides the axle from them, did you purchase anything else? Also, did you follow a specific guide on here?

I get email updates from my posts and I usually respond to them, but I sorta lost interest in cars and have started touring on motorcycles.
Most of the parts from O'Reilly are of decent quality (better than most of the chain stores - IMO). I use their parts for my daily drivers, but mostly stick to OEM for the NSX unless it's not a critical part.
I have the manual and read through a bunch of posts here before I replaced the axle (not sure which posts). Just be sure not to tear/pinch the boots during installation (use towels to cushion hard parts around the install). The axle nut can be a bear to get off. I had to soak it in PB Blaster for 2 days and use an impact wrench to get mine off. Buy the OEM tranny axle seal from a dealer and replace it. Be sure not to tear it during install - it's easy to do.
Be sure to get some Honda axle grease and clean out and repack the CV joints on the passenger axle. Carefully remove the boot clamps and you can reuse them. My passenger side axle is the original with over 120K high performance miles and it's still good.
Good Luck and Happy New Year!

Last edited:
I get email updates from my posts and I usually respond to them, but I sorta lost interest in cars and have started touring on motorcycles.
Most of the parts from O'Reilly are of decent quality (better than most of the chain stores - IMO). I use their parts for my daily drivers, but mostly stick to OEM for the NSX unless it's not a critical part.
I have the manual and read through a bunch of posts here before I replaced the axle (not sure which posts). Just be sure not to tear/pinch the boots during installation (use towels to cushion hard parts around the install). The axle nut can be a bear to get off. I had to soak it in PB Blaster for 2 days and use an impact wrench to get mine off. Buy the OEM tranny axle seal from a dealer and replace it. Be sure not to tear it during install - it's easy to do.
Be sure to get some Honda axle grease and clean out and repack the CV joints on the passenger axle. Carefully remove the boot clamps and you can reuse them. My passenger side axle is the original with over 120K high performance miles and it's still good.
Good Luck and Happy New Year!

Ahh, ok. I need to set up those email updates too.

I'll be sure to clean out and repack the passenger side axle too. Thanks for the replies and advice. Happy New Year to you too!!!

Being the part is new it may be better, but you never really know about aftermarket parts until you inspect them. The axles are very strong and are made to withstand extreme torques. It should be fine.

Being the part is new it may be better, but you never really know about aftermarket parts until you inspect them. The axles are very strong and are made to withstand extreme torques. It should be fine.

Ok, perfect. Now to take the 3hr drive to pay for it since they refuse to do it over the phone. Thanks again

Back