• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So ...What about this Ebay car 95 NSX-T JH4NA1183ST000183

Falcon Heights, MN - no Falcons - no Heights
I am a dreamer. I would love one of these cars but I live in MN and have a small 2 car garage tends to crimp my "imagination". I see this add on Ebay and I wonder if any of you think this car could / should cause me to go for a mind / body alternating experience. FYI - I attempted to contact 24 hrs ago asking about maint records and the trivial spare tire, possible more photos, but ... no reply. Any thought would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance - Albert

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd...49&item=220893988665&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Re: So ...What about this Ebay car 95 NSX-T

That car should go for high 30's.

wow.... just north of 27K and no reserve for such a low mileage car. i bought mine at the wrong time.

hmm... autocheck says:

Mar 16, 2010 titled at 42,259 miles

not a big difference from the advertised miles even if it is a rollback

How did it get from VA to Washington? Auction?

Ebay user has 1 feedback - CAUTION

Further research shows this site and location in Florida
(perhaps a rebuilt title after salvage? )
http://www.salvage-cars-for-sale.info/used/for-sale-used-acura-nsx-1995-NzYwMzAxMTY

Someone was trying to sell it in Mooresville, NC for $45K at one point

It did pop up on this site:
http://usedcarsfsbo.com/asp/UsedCarsPrices.asp?SubmitFlag=1&theYear=1995&Make=Acura&Model=NSX

Appears that there was a winning bid of $28100 on 10/25/11
in a prior Ebay auction (link below) and now it is relisted.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...20877200029+&lgeo=1&viewitem=&vectorid=229466

Not sure what the story is on this car, seems like it has moved around or is being posted as if its in Washington...

Proceed with caution on this one.

Link broken? eBay says that item is no longer listed for sale....

Last edited:
I looked at this last night and thought that something was funny with this car but couldn't put my finger on it. The newer wheels was a little part but the two-tone interior raised a big flag for me on a car with such low mileage. I didn't find anything derogatory so I didn't post. This morning everything makes more sense.

I just got this response from the eBay seller:

"The 1995 Acura NSX-T is still for sale. The high bidder didn't have $ to buy it. The car is in excellent condition inside and outside, interior looks great and the paint is flawless. It was serviced before being posted up for sale and it has no damage or problems whatsoever. It has new tires all-around. It comes with full service records. I'm the owner and the title is clear. My final price is $18000 and i can ship anywhere in US. I want to close the deal through ebay. Let me know if you're still interested. Mark"

However, I checked eBay and that username is no longer active???
[email protected]

smells fishy to me LOL

I say walk away

also a 1995 with low miles is worth more than 18K LOL

but 18K is not to much for someone to get and send him western union LOL

I call scam but I have been wrong plenty times before.

i still say walk away

Last edited:
Ask to go see it. If he gives you some lame excuse or a deposit to put down, most likely a scam. The Princes in Nigeria are getting tricky.

I am a dreamer. I would love one of these cars but I live in MN and have a small 2 car garage tends to crimp my "imagination". I see this add on Ebay and I wonder if any of you think this car could / should cause me to go for a mind / body alternating experience. FYI - I attempted to contact 24 hrs ago asking about maint records and the trivial spare tire, possible more photos, but ... no reply. Any thought would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance - Albert

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd...49&item=220893988665&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

1. If the deal is "too good to be true," it usually is.
2. If you are not 100% ready "cash in hand," serious- don't bother a legitimate seller.

great words to live by. id also say these rules apply outside of nsx purchases in many situations.

1. If the deal is "too good to be true," it usually is.
2. If you are not 100% ready "cash in hand," serious- don't bother a legitimate seller.

Gentlemen - thanks for your replies. I also will heed the "don't bother" comment in the future. I guess in my position the cash would have not been the issue - just the commitment to "jump". I did look up the location in WA and actually considered a flight - but I am glad to have waited for your replies.

Thanks again - Albert86

So it is common to post a link to a possible car you're looking at purchasing? Does it ever backfire and alert someone else to your find and you lose the chance to buy?

So it is common to post a link to a possible car you're looking at purchasing?

Yes.

Does it ever backfire and alert someone else to your find and you lose the chance to buy

It can, but rarely are two people looking for the same exact car at the same exact time. Still, I didn't do it buying mine.

Yes.

It can, but rarely are two people looking for the same exact car at the same exact time. Still, I didn't do it buying mine.

Yes, it's all fair game when buying a car. But if a prime member knowingly beat me to the finish line when on my way to place a deposit or yet still pick up the car over the next weekend, they better have a good flame suit on. If the seller is a primer, they'd need a good flame suit too.

I did run a 3 day risk in buying my car, but made what I thought was a tight deal with the seller to prevent that. siD

Back