• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SoCal (LA) HugaBuga Window Fix-It Day

no problem. i just provided the venue and will take little kudos. credit goes to the awesome NSX community i'm sure you will grow to enjoy being a part of.

I am glad to be part of this great community now:smile:

Glad you're part of the community now Les. If you can, try to make the Aug 29th drive. I started a thread for it.

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

I plan to be there. Just want to get couple of things done with the car before then.

Sorry Ethan for calling you Nathan:confused: in my earlier post. I guess I got too many UV rays on the brain that day.

Last edited:
I will post my share of pictures after today. I have been piled with work all week and didn't have time to sit down and edit some of the pictures I took.

Keep ya guys posted...

I will post my share of pictures after today. I have been piled with work all week and didn't have time to sit down and edit some of the pictures I took.

Keep ya guys posted...

Hey guys,

Posted in the NSXPO thread, a suggestion to invite Hugo to NSXPO and have a HugaBuga give a tech session at the Thursday dealership event (and throughout NSXPO). Anyone with experience at one of Hugo's sessions up to being the liaison/organizer/etc. I can propose inviting Hugo to NSXPO with the Board on our next teleconference. Thanks again to warren and liftnot for the suggestion.

Regards,

Danny

Hey guys,

Posted in the NSXPO thread, a suggestion to invite Hugo to NSXPO and have a HugaBuga give a tech session at the Thursday dealership event (and throughout NSXPO). Anyone with experience at one of Hugo's sessions up to being the liaison/organizer/etc. I can propose inviting Hugo to NSXPO with the Board on our next teleconference. Thanks again to warren and liftnot for the suggestion.

Regards,

Danny
The recognition is well deserved and appropriate. We also need some good vibes around here lately. All in all, it's an easy fix if you just buy a new regulator assembly from Honda but for someone to put some real thought into a proper retrofit kit deserves much kudos from me personally. Unfortunately, I won't be at NSXPO this year but some comments come to mind.

* By the time it's NSXPO, he will be back to Portugal I believe. It's a long trip. Does the board plan to pay to fly him out again?
* Which Thurs Dealership event are you speaking of? SCA here in Orange County, CA? He's well into Arizona by now.
* Many of us have met Hugo, he's probably the single most popular guy on Prime right now (esp for us NA1 guys). He's a genuinely good guy but i'd like to inject some sensitivity into the situation. I can't speak for him but let's not forget he's here on vacation. We should probably ask him first?

btw... I decided to drive the X along the beach last night. The weather has been awesome lately. Windows "flew" down of course. I pull up next to some dude who was blasting his music loud, which is fine.. he was enjoying himself. However, it was ruining my mood so I rolled up my window. It almost "flew" up! Oh, the joys we often take for granted in our other cars... I remember a time when the grass was greener and the air was cleaner and when the light would turn green at a stop before my windows were closed.

The recognition is well deserved and appropriate. We also need some good vibes around here lately. All in all, it's an easy fix if you just buy a new regulator assembly from Honda but for someone to put some real thought into a proper retrofit kit deserves much kudos from me personally. Unfortunately, I won't be at NSXPO this year but some comments come to mind.

* By the time it's NSXPO, he will be back to Portugal I believe. It's a long trip. Does the board plan to pay to fly him out again?
* Which Thurs Dealership event are you speaking of? SCA here in Orange County, CA? He's well into Arizona by now.
* Many of us have met Hugo, he's probably the single most popular guy on Prime right now (esp for us NA1 guys). He's a genuinely good guy but i'd like to inject some sensitivity into the situation. I can't speak for him but let's not forget he's here on vacation. We should probably ask him first?

btw... I decided to drive the X along the beach last night. The weather has been awesome lately. Windows "flew" down of course. I pull up next to some dude who was blasting his music loud, which is fine.. he was enjoying himself. However, it was ruining my mood so I rolled up my window. It almost "flew" up! Oh, the joys we often take for granted in our other cars... I remember a time when the grass was greener and the air was cleaner and when the light would turn green at a stop before my windows were closed.

Man! i just can't stop gloating of my Hugo Window fix. Regan has a good point but don't forget, Jon "Y"?(Fastrkturbo?) from HKS was also extremely helpful and he can take place of Hugo is someone who knows Jon well can approach him. (Jon told me he is not planning to attend NSXPO this year) Jon is local and a well respected NSX-Rock star IMO. He is more than qualify to show us the ropes and can receive recognition on behalf of Hugo.

Jon definitely deserves some credit for making the Window Fix day go smoothly, not to take away from Hugo's thunder. Jon was always there to assist and was very knowledgable about how to install Hugo's fix. Thanks Jon.

Thanks guys. I thought it may be a bit much for Hugo to take of everyone, so I wanted to help to make things go smoother. I had a great time!

Hi guys!
I am already in Phoenix after 2 days in Vegas, DeathValley, the GrandCanyon and route66 :)
I just love the USA :)
Count me in for the NSXPO, it would be great to come back to Vegas in November! :)

Count me in for the NSXPO, it would be great to come back to Vegas in November! :)
There you go then!

jack.jpg

Hello everyone,

Hugo is on the list of vendors at NSXPO. He has also volunteered to give a Tech session on Thursday. Thanks for the suggestions; just another reason for everyone to come this year.

Regards,

Danny

Hello everyone,

Hugo is on the list of vendors at NSXPO. He has also volunteered to give a Tech session on Thursday. Thanks for the suggestions; just another reason for everyone to come this year.

Regards,

Danny

RIGHT ON!! Thx Danny, You Rock! Give Hugo the NSX-Man of the Year award:biggrin:

Thanks guys. I thought it may be a bit much for Hugo to take of everyone, so I wanted to help to make things go smoother. I had a great time!

Jon, you 'disappeared' before I had a chance to thank you personally for your help, your patience and your expertise. It did not go unnoticed. I hope to see you at the NSXPO as you have motivated me to help others with their Window-pain. I may not be 100% sure of all the details but at least I know what not to do:wink:

Somebody....please revive this thread...

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=0e120ae1232c1ddbcf4ab00f16ca9e1e#1282444722231

Last edited:
Back