• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Some NSX Tech Videos We did

Check out some of the stuff we did on www.riceboytv.com with my '96 NSX.

Alignment Tech with the Import Car Doctor
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j9a3vgQIbGc&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j9a3vgQIbGc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Corner Balancing coilovers with Tein
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/njh_hNoFkOA&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/njh_hNoFkOA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nicely done!

Hey, do you by any chance work at SuperStreet magazine? I am not a regular reader but your handle sounds familiar and I remember someone there has an NSX.

Nice a fellow die-hard clippers fan!! :biggrin:

Thats the kind of S*** I get from my friends and family as well..:redface:

Nicely done!

Hey, do you by any chance work at SuperStreet magazine? I am not a regular reader but your handle sounds familiar and I remember someone there has an NSX.

I used to work at Super Street and Project Car, but left to start up this video website. Check out the rest of the stories we have up if you have a chance. There is a huge archive section now as well.

Here's an intro video to our project cars. I dunno how we all ended up with Acuras. lol.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nsb_i_9nhoM&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nsb_i_9nhoM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nice videos and nice ideas

but you picked the absolute worst name (domain name and company name) and absolute worst logo to use for these great ideas.

You should really consider changing those. It's not self-deprecating or witty at all--it's just tacky.

Other than that, I think you did a good job.

good videos; you take something quite technical, explain it well, keep the video moving so it doesn't become boring, and throw in a little humour too. You should have your own "Pimp my NSX" show. :)

Nice videos and nice ideas

but you picked the absolute worst name (domain name and company name) and absolute worst logo to use for these great ideas.

You should really consider changing those. It's not self-deprecating or witty at all--it's just tacky.

Other than that, I think you did a good job.

just out of curiosity, what makes you say that it's the absolute worst company and domain name as well as logo?

good videos; you take something quite technical, explain it well, keep the video moving so it doesn't become boring, and throw in a little humour too. You should have your own "Pimp my NSX" show. :)

lol. thanks. the only problem is that NSX parts are really expensive and a lot of the installs are hard to shoot in detail because it's so tight under the car and our landlord won't let us put in a lift. =(

just out of curiosity, what makes you say that it's the absolute worst company and domain name as well as logo?

Don't get me wrong, I like what you are doing with the vids and I like your start-up spirit. I am just trying to give you a little positive criticism. :smile:

Personally, I just find the name "riceboytv" and your logo tacky. I think I used "worst" as a hyperbole; there are certainly worse names and logos you could have used, but this one is pretty bad in my opinion. It's just not professional.

From a business perspective: you are trying to get advertising to your site/incorporated into your videos/magazine (if you have one). "Riceboy" may be construed as insensitive to some and racially charged to some. It certainly is not an appropriate name for any serious sort of business--one that hopes to make it big some day. Can you imagine cold-calling American Express and asking them to advertise with "RiceboyTV"? You could have 1 billion views per second and they'd still balk at the idea.

Let me give you an analogy: What if BET called itself "(insert epithet here) TV" and then used a logo that stereotyped Black people? Even if Black people were affiliated with the station, it'd be tacky.

From a more personal perspective: You are Asian yourself and it's great to see you representing Asians in the media. But I feel as if you've been inducted to accepting common stereotypes by means of general acceptance from your peers.

Anyways, none of this was meant to detract from your hard work. The website itself is great, the videos are great, etc. Good job. But think about changing the name and logo from both a business and a personal perspective. I think you'd really have something even better if you did.

I agree with KSXNSX.

The site looks like there's a little too much going on. I can see 2 wallpapers too. It's just not as professional as I would expect it to be.

On the other hand, the videos you posted are quite informative.

Don't get me wrong, I like what you are doing with the vids and I like your start-up spirit. I am just trying to give you a little positive criticism. :smile:

Personally, I just find the name "riceboytv" and your logo tacky. I think I used "worst" as a hyperbole; there are certainly worse names and logos you could have used, but this one is pretty bad in my opinion. It's just not professional.

From a business perspective: you are trying to get advertising to your site/incorporated into your videos/magazine (if you have one). "Riceboy" may be construed as insensitive to some and racially charged to some. It certainly is not an appropriate name for any serious sort of business--one that hopes to make it big some day. Can you imagine cold-calling American Express and asking them to advertise with "RiceboyTV"? You could have 1 billion views per second and they'd still balk at the idea.

Let me give you an analogy: What if BET called itself "(insert epithet here) TV" and then used a logo that stereotyped Black people? Even if Black people were affiliated with the station, it'd be tacky.

From a more personal perspective: You are Asian yourself and it's great to see you representing Asians in the media. But I feel as if you've been inducted to accepting common stereotypes by means of general acceptance from your peers.

Anyways, none of this was meant to detract from your hard work. The website itself is great, the videos are great, etc. Good job. But think about changing the name and logo from both a business and a personal perspective. I think you'd really have something even better if you did.

that's cool. i'm not taking it personally or anything. i was just wondering. i do see your point, though, as i kinda thought the same thing when i first saw the name. especially growing up in orange county where it's a predominately caucasian population. we did have a few snags talking to advertisers in the beginning, but not nearly as much as people would expect. after they saw the content and design, they were all on board and never brought up the name again. the main thing is, riceboy isn't really a racist word (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=riceboy). when we showed tuners in japan, they loved the name and logo. it's a term to describe people who fix up their cars in a lame way, like a mustang with a gt-r badge on it. we're taking that negative connotation and putting a positive sarcastic spin on it. and there will be no "ricey" cars on the site. think of the questionable names of popular and successful shows out there: pimp my ride...does that promote prostitution or hookers? jackass the movie. etc. in the long run, if the name had become a consistent barrier for us in terms of locking down big time advertisers, we'd probably consider the change. it's just not on the horizon as of now. thanks for the input, though.

Hey Rick, I justhad a chance to read your bio page and watch all the vids! Good work.

OK, so you are the SS guy. Amazing work on the NSX. I like the colour, choice of parts, the Rotora kit etc. All good choices and oozing of quality. I think the reaction of some of our members was a pre-emptive strike based on what they know of you in past lives :rolleyes:

NSXers are great people, don't let any comments throw you off your game. Some members here like oem, others want to mod the crap out of these great cars. Some reserve judgement until the crime's been done, others believe you're guilty 'till proven innocent. To each their own.

The NSX looks like its got a definite gameplan. Keep up the good work and show us your progress!

Hey, I wanna RiceboyTV sticker for my car! How can I get one?

Oyagi, you just suck!:smile:
You just buttered him up to get a sticker, what a guy!!!
Can you get me one too?
Trev the Uke.
p.s. Nice videos, keep them coming, very nice.

i personally like the logo +1

good job

I agree with KSXNSX.

The site looks like there's a little too much going on. I can see 2 wallpapers too. It's just not as professional as I would expect it to be.

On the other hand, the videos you posted are quite informative.

really? what browser are you using? i'd like to get the 2 wallpaper thing fixed right away. we tested on as many browsers as we could.

Hey Rick, I justhad a chance to read your bio page and watch all the vids! Good work.

OK, so you are the SS guy. Amazing work on the NSX. I like the colour, choice of parts, the Rotora kit etc. All good choices and oozing of quality. I think the reaction of some of our members was a pre-emptive strike based on what they know of you in past lives :rolleyes:

NSXers are great people, don't let any comments throw you off your game. Some members here like oem, others want to mod the crap out of these great cars. Some reserve judgement until the crime's been done, others believe you're guilty 'till proven innocent. To each their own.

The NSX looks like its got a definite gameplan. Keep up the good work and show us your progress!

Hey, I wanna RiceboyTV sticker for my car! How can I get one?

thanks, man. i'm not really worried about it. kinda used it by now. everyone is entitled to their own opinion. PM me your address and i'll have some stickers, lanyards, mouse pads, and stuff sent to you.

Great Tech vids,

Only thing I didn't like is that you have a clean ride and the site name is RICEBOYTV. I dont think the NSX is rice (persay). I know the term, I have seen some ricey NSX's though like any other car.

Good job overall.

Gil

glad you like the vids. that's exactly the point. there is no RICE on RiceBoyTV. we're taking the negative term and trying to make it cool...emphasis on trying.

Last edited:
Back