• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Some NSX Tech Videos We did

I used to work at Super Street and Project Car, but left to start up this video website. Check out the rest of the stories we have up if you have a chance. There is a huge archive section now as well.

hey man nice vids... I just installed Tein RE's and one of them is making a noise (drivers side front)... It makes a bit of a clunk when I go over bumps but its not always there. I tried tightening up the springs pre-load on both coilovers in the front and the sound went away for a while now its back... I'm hoping that the damper itself isn't somehow causing the noise... the car is lowered about 1.5" in the front and 1.25" in the rear.

Does Tein offer troubleshooting services for end users? if not can you hook me up with someone over there? :)

hey man nice vids... I just installed Tein RE's and one of them is making a noise (drivers side front)... It makes a bit of a clunk when I go over bumps but its not always there. I tried tightening up the springs pre-load on both coilovers in the front and the sound went away for a while now its back... I'm hoping that the damper itself isn't somehow causing the noise... the car is lowered about 1.5" in the front and 1.25" in the rear.

Does Tein offer troubleshooting services for end users? if not can you hook me up with someone over there? :)

are they new or used?

are they new or used?

used but in great condition... Should I have them rebuilt? I talked to Tein, and they said the turn around time is 4-6 weeks :eek:

I'm sure almost everyone on here knows this simple stuff, but there are some out there who don't so we try to do some short vids on how to work on your own car. I'm also aware that I'll get flack for A) having a fram filter on there to begin with and B) using Royal Purple oil (from those who don't like it). LOL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KsoUv03iToo&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KsoUv03iToo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object

There's a full story on riceboytv.com in "Service Manual" with still images and whatnot.

^ u just made oil changing seem fun again

good job on the vid

Interesting videos. I know there was a thread on corner balancing before where some thought it helped and some thought it was not necessary.

How low is your suspension set? When I had my Tein flex installed I just went 1" since I did not want to get stuck on speed bumps.

Interesting videos. I know there was a thread on corner balancing before where some thought it helped and some thought it was not necessary.

How low is your suspension set? When I had my Tein flex installed I just went 1" since I did not want to get stuck on speed bumps.

my car isn't that low. it was slammed before, but i raised it so i could get into my driveway. lol

Nice videos. You inspired me to want to change my own oil for once.

Design Motorsports Engineering (DME) engine torque damper install video

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fJdwuX--yeU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fJdwuX--yeU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That is so funny!
Real life pissed off guy installing stuff on his car and hurting himself and losing interest in the project as he goes.
Too Funny and True!
Thanks for making my day!
Trev

I think the video's are great. The explanations are great, great detail, and dry humour is always whats best for these type of videos.

The name and logo, name is ok, I do like the sarcastic spin on it, Riceboy was a word made years and years ago and the word Rice for automobiles ended up evolving through the times.

There was an original Riceboypage.com made over half a decade ago. Rick is right, it refers to cars mis-badged and overly stickered up. Not really referring to Asians.

The logo is dope, very Cali haha, and I gotta say those Cali guys can think of some pretty nice designs.

The web page is nice, for my taste, it's bordering the tacky side. But I'm a minimalist myself, I prefer really simple clean web pages, which can have style too.

All in all I think everything is great, Keep it up man!

That is so funny!
Real life pissed off guy installing stuff on his car and hurting himself and losing interest in the project as he goes.
Too Funny and True!
Thanks for making my day!
Trev

hahah. man. it was so hot in the garage that night. and we got back from the bar around the corner for a coworker's birthday. i think we shot this around midnight after 3 or 4 other install videos the same day. glad i could get you laughing. lol

I think the video's are great. The explanations are great, great detail, and dry humour is always whats best for these type of videos.

The name and logo, name is ok, I do like the sarcastic spin on it, Riceboy was a word made years and years ago and the word Rice for automobiles ended up evolving through the times.

There was an original Riceboypage.com made over half a decade ago. Rick is right, it refers to cars mis-badged and overly stickered up. Not really referring to Asians.

The logo is dope, very Cali haha, and I gotta say those Cali guys can think of some pretty nice designs.

The web page is nice, for my taste, it's bordering the tacky side. But I'm a minimalist myself, I prefer really simple clean web pages, which can have style too.

All in all I think everything is great, Keep it up man!

we are redesigning the site big time. if you want some decals i can make our lazy intern send them to you. whether you actually receive them or not is out of my hands. haha

Very nice. The engine damper is a lot easier to install relative to replacing the engine mounts. Do you notice a huge difference with the damper?

Very nice. The engine damper is a lot easier to install relative to replacing the engine mounts. Do you notice a huge difference with the damper?

it's really hard to tell from the seat of your pants. we were trying to stick a video camera on the inside of the back glass pointing down at the engine so you can see a before and after, but the car itself vibrated too much. you'd get a headache watching it like blair witch projects. lol. we're still trying to get that done so you can see exactly how well the engine damper works.

Awesome Rik!

I think its great that there's someone out there who can and is willing to produce excellent, professional media for such a small production car with a niche market. Kudos.

RiceboyTV FTW!

EDIT: I remember a thread about the DME damper here and the consensus was that since it wasn't aligned with the direction of the twist of the engine, that it was largely a cosmetic thing. I'd still like to get one though :)

Last edited:
it's really hard to tell from the seat of your pants. we were trying to stick a video camera on the inside of the back glass pointing down at the engine so you can see a before and after, but the car itself vibrated too much. you'd get a headache watching it like blair witch projects. lol. we're still trying to get that done so you can see exactly how well the engine damper works.

I would imagine you wouldn't feel much from that damper since the NSX engine mounts are so stiff and the orientation of that damper wouldn't have that much effect anyway. Would you rather have a damper kit that actually did something to control torque loss and kept the engine from rotating rather than looking nice or was it more of a "bling" mod anyway?

PM if you're interested and I'll send you one of mine once we get done testing the prototype...

Back