• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Some questions from a new owner

Hi, Everyone,
After waiting for more than 6 years, I finally got my dream car! I purchased the 92' Silver NSX that was advertised this week, and just drove it back to Houston from Phoenix today.
First, I'd like to introduce myself to other NSX owners in the area, especially in Houston.

A couple of questions to you guys, .. if y'all don't mind ..
- For regular maintenance, like oil change, minor repairs, etc, .. which shop would you guys reccomend ?? I live very close to John Eagle Acura but I heard some good words about Carl at Sterling McCall Acura.
- For more 'major' repairs, .. where would you reccomend ?? Autologic ??

Thanks, and hope to be able to meet up with you guys on your next meet. Anything scheduled in the near future ??

Cheers .. Gus

Gus, let me be the first to welcome you to the club! Congrats on the purchase and can't wait to meet you.

As far as oil changes go, I do them myself personally. Minor work, well that's your call. AutoLogic is a great option, but I've also heard great things about Carl.

I had a bad experience looking to buy a car from John Eagle, so I avoid them. But I can't recall ever hearing anything bad about them, so that would be your call.

Also, we are having a get together soon, possibly the 21st or 22nd. So try to make it out...

Regards,
- Z

congrats Gus!!! we have a great group of guys here in the Houston area. All your minor maint. can be done just about anywhere. JE or SM acura are both ok. It might be wise to develope a relationship with the NSX tech who will be working on your car. Give Brad at Autologc a call, Im sure he can help you out on any major work you may need. Welcome to the NSX family bro!!!! looking forward to meeting you soon.

Patrick

Congrats

Hey Gus -
Congrats on the purchase - that is awesome! In terms of both maintenance and repairs - I only take my car to Autologic. In my opinion, Brad at Autologic is the best there is - period.

Hopefully you can make it out to one of our upcoming meets, and we can all give you a bit of insight into the necessary maintenance and repair procedures, should you have any questions.

Once again - Congratulations on the new purchase - now the fun really begins!

- Darren

Just a thought...

Gus -
Since you have just recieved your car, it may be a good idea to get the car checked out, just so you are aware of any issues (should they present themselves) immediately. Plus, it may also be good to look into the famous "water pump, timing belt, etc" routine - if that has not already been completed on your car.

Autologic can do such an inspection for you, and at least then you will be aware of everything and anything going on with your car. Personally, I don't like surprises - so this might be a great pro-active way to alleviate any "un-necessary" surpises!

www.auto-logic.biz

Brad @ 713-516-2081

Hi Gus,

I would first like to say WOW your silver bullet was well worth the wait! I just got done looking at the pictures here and can’t tell you how excited I am to have another clean Sebring Silver NSX in town. Please feel free to come join us at one of our get-togethers (look for a post within the next week). If you look around the south-central section you will see the type of get-togethers we have. Welcome and enjoy your car!

With regards to your questions about maintenance…one of the great things about this car is that it is about as hard to change the engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, etc as it is in an Accord. For regular maintenance either of the dealers you mentioned should be more than capable. For major repairs I would recommend Brad at Autologic. Brad’s prices are consistently cheaper than the dealer. For maintenance issues like timing belt, water pump, transmission repairs, clutch installs, you can really save some money by taking your car to Brad. The only major repair I believe Autologic does not perform is AC repairs. I don’t think Brad has the proper equipment to vacuum the system and then recharge it. So for AC work I think Brad would recommend you take your car to the dealer. I have used both JE Acura and SM Acura. Of the two I prefer SM Acura and make sure that Carl will be working on my car.

From the looks of your car it appears it was in the hands of an enthusiast. Enthusiasts usually take very good care of their cars. Your car was probably well taken care of and should not give you any major problems. Come out to one of the get-togethers and we will be able to tell you about some of the common problems that these cars experience.

We look forward to meeting you and congratulations on your new purchase!!!

Paul

Thank you very much, everyone for answering to my post! I really feel glad to have such a warm welcome from you guys!

Yes, I do have to go get my car inspected before I can register it, and probably since it's been taken on a very long drive, I'm going to get the oil changed as well.

Next weekend will be great if there's a meet .. I have to work this weekend but shall be on days off next week! ..
I also took some pictures along the way .. I'll post some of them once I resize them ...

Cheers .. Gus

welcome!

hi Gus.
beautiful car!! please come out and join us!! looking forward meeting you soon! please post some more pix for our viewing pleasure!!

see you next weekend!!

congr..new nsx

welcome u to the group , i just meet them 2 weeks ago , they really cool.. i think u will like them like i do:rolleyes: congr.. on the new nsx.. see u soon

Hi Everyone ..
I created an album in the gallery section .. :) .. These pictures were taken in Phoenix and on the journey between Phoenix and Houston.

The link to the gallery is here

Cheers .. Gus

Gus, beautiful pictures! Hope you don't mind, but I liked this picture so much, I'm going to post it for you!

10664image0003.jpg

:cool:

Regards,
- Z

Thanks, Z!!
No ... I don't mind at all! Thanks for posting it!

A friend suggested to me that I stop at the state lines and take pictures there .. so .. there's one when entering Texas .. ;)

Cheers .. Gus

Gus ~
I finally got around to looking for you on Prime. It appears like your really enjoying 'my' car! :D
It hurts seeing it in someone elses driveway, but I'm glad it went to a good home. Now, after a few months, I wish I hadn't sold, but I suppose I can always get back into another. Take care and enjoy!

Lots of New owners in Texas. Lets try to meet at the Next TexPo or we could easily meet at the next track event. ;)

Hi Scott ..
Good to hear from you! How's the Merc treating you ?? I know the feeling .. I got that feeling after I sold my Supra a few years back!
I'm trying to keep the car as good and clean as you did before .. and still learning the car too! I have to say I really enjoy the car, but haven't put too many miles on it after the drive home.
Any plans on getting another NSX in the near future ??

Cheers and take care .. Gus

Back