• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Somebody talk me out of it..Porsche Cayman S...

Caymen S is very very well rated by the car mags. The problem is..............The S begins pricing at 65k. Add a few simple options and you are pushing 95k............which is now into 911 territory which makes for a very hard decision.

Cayman S

Great car Cayman S ,one of my friends has one and has been fun and very reliable for him ,to me the NSX is more fun to drive and i think looks much better even the 92 like mine is,have patience and keep searching for an NSX

Attachments

• 942936_10201193978280318_2107728452_n.jpg
    942936_10201193978280318_2107728452_n.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 485621_10201191475737756_1900560298_n.jpg
    485621_10201191475737756_1900560298_n.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 542834_10200821807656285_245784967_n.jpg
    542834_10200821807656285_245784967_n.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 154
i love my cayman s and i love my nsx. if you can have an nsx (or 2), I'd definitely take the cayman over a third nsx :)

Uuuuuh.... wow......tough choice there. I chose a 2nd NSX over a new cayman R following a very extended drive in the cayman. I personally would take a 3rd and
probably 4th NSX over the cayman. Perhaps when I arrive at a 5th NSX.... might be a difficult decision. :)

There's a white na1 in Nevada Craigslist with under 100k miles for 18500 OBO. Seems to need a few thousand in interior work. Body paint is 2 years old, looks good. I offered him 17 and he said sure, then I realized I can't have anything but black or silver

- - - Updated - - -

it was brought to my attention by a veteran primer that i look like an ass in my above post. so i'd like to reiterate and clarify. According to this primer and i quote " telling all other nsx primers and possible sellers to me that i made an offer on a vehicle, had it accepted, then decided not to complete the sale FOR WHATEVER REASON, does not put me in a good light." (does this include discovering major undisclosed faults or discomforts with the car?) i'm i the only one here to look at a car states away, contact the buyer, offer your budget, then decide it wasnt the car for you once you laid eyes on it or test drove it? hmm anyway, i partially agree with him in that my post could come across as tactless like i am some newbie car buyer looking to low ball and waste sellers time only to kick tires and walk away. so... i need to rephrase and let everyone know that i didnt make an offer to buy the vehicle i mentioned above, i simply asked if he would accept 17k, he said he could take that, then i continued to ask questions about the car, vin request, detail pic request etc, and never heard back from the seller, my guess is he was lazy about selling it. so in my time waiting i decided i didnt want white anyway and moved on. anyway, the point of my post above was to alert 91 X that there is a white one with lowish miles in the nevada area, not to get tongue lashed via the interweb

I own a 1991 NSX with 26K miles and an '07 Cayman S that now has 25K miles. I really do like both cars and they both have their attributes. My NSX seems more refined even though it's 22 years old. Hands down, the Porsche sounds better. Both handle great and are fairly quick. Not worried about the reliability on the NSX but yet Consumer Reports rates the Cayman as an extremely reliable vehicle as well. I have had zero issues with mine.

Agree on the previous post about the sloppy shifting on the Cayman. I put the Short Shift Kit in 281123779818281123779818 and it now shifts as nice as my S2000 which is the best manual transmission I have ever flogged. It completely blows me away why Porsche did not put the SSK in the car from the factory. It's a shame because the difference is literally night & day.

If I were to rate my cars: NSX>Cayman>S2000. All three really are great cars but the NSX is special. The S2000 really would be special as well if it were a little more torquey. If it don't rev, it don't go. Completely dependent on RPM's.

Last edited:
I see Caymans, Boxsters and 911 everyday. Majority seems to be driven by ladies.
;)

If I were you, I'd wait. Every experience has 3 parts - the anticipation, the event itself and the memory after it is over. (think Xmas as a kid). As I get older, I've begun to appreciate that the anticipation part can sometimes be the best of the three. You are looking for a great NSX and can afford to buy one. The time spent researching, checking auctions, watching eBay, calling dealers, finding cars and checking them out may in the end turn out to be almost as much fun as the day you get the car.
Not to say that I don't like the Cayman - I do. Ever since I first saw them I've wanted to drive one and I've read all the magazine write ups on them - incidentally, none of the magazine reviews were as good at describing the riding experience as has been this thread. Good luck!

Therefore, if people want to attract girls, then go with the Porsche.

If people want to attract guys, then go with the NSX LOL.

I think it's a true statement. :)

For the OP, car selection is going to be very subjective. Both NSX and Porsche looks nice.

I see Caymans, Boxsters and 911 everyday. Majority seems to be driven by ladies.
;)

Therefore, if people want to attract girls, then go with the Porsche.

If people want to attract guys, then go with the NSX LOL.

I think it's a true statement. :)

For the OP, car selection is going to be very subjective. Both NSX and Porsche looks nice.

I can verify the facts of male and female lol. The pcar attracts the woman honestly.

interior seems a bit too cramped/cockpit style for me (and by no means am i a tall guy).

My experience was maybe the opposite. Loved the Cayman for having modern brakes, headlights, and suspension...but didn't like the shifter and my complaint about the driving position was not that it was too cramped, but that I felt like I was sitting in a cavern (maybe seat bolsters not narrow enough, cowl too high, etc). Just didn't feel as well-connected to the car or as aware of my surroundings.

I own a 1991 NSX with 26K miles and an '07 Cayman S that now has 25K miles. I really do like both cars and they both have their attributes. My NSX seems more refined even though it's 22 years old. Hands down, the Porsche sounds better. Both handle great and are fairly quick. Not worried about the reliability on the NSX but yet Consumer Reports rates the Cayman as an extremely reliable vehicle as well. I have had zero issues with mine.

Agree on the previous post about the sloppy shifting on the Cayman. I put the Short Shift Kit in 281123779818281123779818 and it now shifts as nice as my S2000 which is the best manual transmission I have ever flogged. It completely blows me away why Porsche did not put the SSK in the car from the factory. It's a shame because the difference is literally night & day.

If I were to rate my cars: NSX>Cayman>S2000. All three really are great cars but the NSX is special. The S2000 really would be special as well if it were a little more torquey. If it don't rev, it don't go. Completely dependent on RPM's.

I have to hear one, but I find it hard to believe it sounds better the the nsx, especially with an aftermarket exhaust.

Back