• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Something about this picture...

670x377Image.jpg

Seems familiar.... Hmm....

B7E3C44AD17B00661AF4809AE5BCD326.jpg

Oh yeah!!!

Pardon my ignorance but what is that? McLaren?

Yep. Just announced MP4-12C convertible.

The shape of the hood, blended headlights, side intakes and wing style... the inspiration is obvious (to me). The hood especially.

that roof and the 458 spider roof, look like the same guy designed both, or one was stolen from the other. (identical)

I was commenting on where the design of the entire car was clearly stolen from... No other hood looks like that. :wink:

I see more mclaren f1 or even Koenigsegg than NSX...

that roof and the 458 spider roof, look like the same guy designed both, or one was stolen from the other. (identical)

It was designed by the same company!

How's the reliability on these cars?
That is going to be a good question.

The MP4 is a car that I could see picking up 8-10 years from now after it has slid down the depreciation curve a bit, providing it has reliability and isn't a menace to maintain. The design principles behind it seem solid though.

For now though, a car like that is far, far, far out of my price range ;)

How's the reliability on these cars?

I looked at one in the Volcano Red as shown. It is an awesome car and supposed to be daily driver reliable (although that's subjective) according to the sales manager at McLaren Dallas. He told me the first service is an oil change at 10K. I didn't get into the specifics of further service though.

I see more mclaren f1 or even Koenigsegg than NSX...

Funny you should say that: I once mistook a McLaren F1 from about a half mile down the road for an NSX (head on view), and I think the Koenigsegg actually looks similar to an NSX in basic aesthetics. It's actually the only car that I think looks good enough to be compared to the NSX... and now, of course the MP4, as well.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LrPpxwYcFMM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

a friend pointed out that the those wheels looks like 5 penises meeting together.
Now that you have said that, it is all I can see when looking at the wheels.

Incidentally, how are you liking your Mp4? Will be very curious to hear your stories about the car, helps to dissipate my envy :p

Back