• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Something I Read Part II

BD

Legendary Member
Photo Link

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=13449

Of course this article is just speculation, but interesting. Enjoy.

The article mentioned: The N. America Market demand V8 engine cars. Therefore, Honda is also developing a V8 Engine, rear drive platform.

Three cars discussed in this article: S2000 & NSX replacement, and a mystery car.

Since Honda is going to introducing the Acura Brand in Japan in 2009, the NSX and S2k Replacement will be Acura Badged. Even though these cars are replacement of the out going cars, but it is not a direct replacement, because these cars will be shooting for higher market.

Cars in progress:

Front Engine Rear Wheel Drive: Grand Tour with 4.5 liter V8 engine, perhaps a 5 liter V10 as an option, and standard SH-AWD. Intended competition will be Jag, Austin Martin, new Front Engine Porsche, etc. Price around 15,000,000 Yen, appr. $135 grand.

Roadster: Will be introducing in 2009 as Honda’s 60th birthday gift to them self. Will be FR platform roadster with V8 and SH-AWD. Perhaps sharing the platform with the FR GT mentioned above? No projected price.

Mystery car: Not a direct replacement for the NSX, but under the NSX's price point. MR V6 or V8. Under $100k USD.

This is interesting, Honda Style magazine October 2005 mentioned a Prototype car Honda built based on 9800000 Yen price point:

Rather detail information:
Length, Width, Height: 4290 x 1890 x 1170mm
Ground Clearance: 125mm
Weight: 1400kg
Capacity: 5000cc
Max output: 450ps/7500RPM
Torque: 51kg.m/5300RPM

It was a prototype proposal, which supposedly, built by Honda.

Last edited:
I am still wondering how can a company that is not a luxury sports car producer plan to offer BOTH a 135k and a sub 100k (90k?85k?) when the only single previous experience in selling ONE model, that was WAY better than the competition for at least the 6 years after launch, even at 80k-90k had a hell of a difficulty in selling.

:confused:

For sure they are optimists. :)

gheba_nsx said:
I am still wondering how can a company that is not a luxury sports car producer plan to offer BOTH a 135k and a sub 100k (90k?85k?) when the only single previous experience in selling ONE model, that was WAY better than the competition for at least the 6 years after launch, even at 80k-90k had a hell of a difficulty in selling.

:confused:

For sure they are optimists. :)
I don't believe a word of this article, for the reasons stated above...

Honda has already said many times that the NSX will be a V10. Why would they suddenly change it to a V8 with 'only' 450hp, which is judged as much less exotic in the US, and charge way more than the NSX was? And nobody's going to buy an Acura ANYTHING at $135k unless it has Carrera GT/Enzo performance, which is clearly will not.

White98LS said:
I don't believe a word of this article, for the reasons stated above...

Honda has already said many times that the NSX will be a V10. Why would they suddenly change it to a V8 with 'only' 450hp, which is judged as much less exotic in the US, and charge way more than the NSX was? And nobody's going to buy an Acura ANYTHING at $135k unless it has Carrera GT/Enzo performance, which is clearly will not.

Apearantly, the testing prototype's cylinder count was not disclosed, so you jump on the gun there. As for the HP, I'm sure it will be more than 500; don't forget, when the NSX prototype was introduced, it only had 250 hp, when the production was introduced, the HP jumped to 280PS. As for the price point, it offered Yen price; if you know what's going on, JDM Market NSX cost more than the US model, after calculating the exchange rate.

But anyway, it's just speculation, which is always fun to read. My self in particular, don't really believe the NSX part, but I do think the S2k replacement is a very good possibility.

I am currently in nippon relaxing in the peace and quit of the japan countryside since 3 weeks and believe me I spoke to many Honda sales guys to find out some new facts about potential upcomin nsx, they just confirmed that they do nothin know concretely about next generation nsx. reading in such cheap shady car magazines are the same like reading manga, a honda seller said yesterday. Honda will always keep its secrets until the official releaseday. this is the only fact.
anyway, everybody expect a great sportscar to be released in the next 2 years.
btw, there are so many (beatiful or ugly) cars here (nissan, honda, toyota...) that I didn't know yet. I am preety amazed!!!

with best regards from the old town kyoto

george

Back