• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Something I read

Vancehu said:
After my employee failed to scan the documents for me, I ran to Kinkos, spend 20 bucks and had them scanned. I posted 5 of the 16 pages on the openning thread, and Prime only allow 5 uploads per thread, I think it will be enough for you guys to sample this Article. I got high resolution PDF of all 16 pages if you like to get hold of them, just PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you (your e-mail provider needs to allow 3.5 mb for file size). I'm sorry about the low resolution PDF posted above, I couldn't up load the high resolution PDF because the files were too large. Enjoy.

Vance

PM sent!
Thanks Vance! :D

Vancehu said:
I don't remember the name of the magazine, in fact, the cover and the first few pages were torn off from it. I was surprised the insert was still in there.

Vance

Vance,
I picked up my back-order copy of Xa Car Magazine Oct. 2005 issue last night at Kinokuniya Little Tokyo store. Here's what the front cover looks like.

Enjoy!

:)

Attachments

• Reduced for upload Xa Car Oct 2005 Goodbye NSX + V10 NSX Article.JPG
    Reduced for upload Xa Car Oct 2005 Goodbye NSX + V10 NSX Article.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 234
All I can say is "wow"! Thanks so much for taking the time to translate and distribute the information you have available to all of us here. I came to NSX Prime mostly to find out about the Neo NSX, and you've made it worth while to say the least!

Kudos to you! Thanks so much.

B

blavenia said:
I came to NSX Prime mostly to find out about the Neo NSX,

B

Then you need to talk to this guy.:biggrin:

I just picked up a Japanese VTEC Type R magazine spring 2006 issue; they did a performance comparison between NSX R and S2K. Very interesting read, regarding the handling difference between FR and MR platform. Commented by Uhehera, the project leader for both cars.

He briefly mentioned the NSX replacement project, didn't disclosed much, because it is still a top secret, but he did mentioned the performance will set the bar again. Honda’s intention is to show the world they are again the chassis/engine leader in the business, and they are targeting mid-engine Ferrari and Lambo.

Towards the end of the magazine, they also presented Asimo Type R, with a light weight chassis and air intake snorkel on the top, it was hilarious.

Vancehu said:
Aerodynamically, the car needs to be able to sustain 200 miles per hour. Toyota is working on a 200mph car; therefore… The design of an ideal aerodynamic shape will take great amount of time; plenty of testing is required in order to meet that speed with great stability and safety. The approach of obtaining that speed will be genuine.

now that's cool... a 200mph Honda Street legal car :biggrin:

Vancehu said:
Honda would like to win the F1 title before the premier of the new NSX, that is why the target release date is set “3 to 4” years from now. By then, Honda will have enough information on how to deal with the next generation of Italian Exotics. Last word from Uehera “When the CEO jokingly mentioned the V10 NSX will be faster than the new V8 F1 cars, he probably wasn't far off!).
Even Better....
A road going F1 beater Honda :biggrin:

Thanks Vance for sharing

Hi Vancehu

Thank you for this very interesting. Ever since I am collecting books and articles on the NSX I have missed the ability to read Japanese.
Would like for the next gen NSX to come sooner though... :(

After my employee failed to scan the documents for me, I ran to Kinkos, spend 20 bucks and had them scanned. I posted 5 of the 16 pages on the openning thread, and Prime only allow 5 uploads per thread, I think it will be enough for you guys to sample this Article. I got high resolution PDF of all 16 pages if you like to get hold of them, just PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you (your e-mail provider needs to allow 3.5 mb for file size). I'm sorry about the low resolution PDF posted above, I couldn't up load the high resolution PDF because the files were too large. Enjoy.

Vance
Vance-san, do you still have the high resolution PDF of those pages? I badly need the page where Uhehara talks about Ferrari using Honda power. Ferrari owners and fans don't believe me when I told them that Ferrari hired Honda's engineers to make their engines since 1993. They all laughed at me and say Honda is JOKE! They think I invented this up.
I want to shut them up and show them the proof. I only need the page about Ferrari luring Honda engineers, I don't need the other pages. Please tell me you still have them, please!

Vance-san, do you still have the high resolution PDF of those pages? I badly need the page where Uhehara talks about Ferrari using Honda power. Ferrari owners and fans don't believe me when I told them that Ferrari hired Honda's engineers to make their engines since 1993. They all laughed at me and say Honda is JOKE! They think I invented this up.
I want to shut them up and show them the proof. I only need the page about Ferrari luring Honda engineers, I don't need the other pages. Please tell me you still have them, please!

there is PDF's below the orig. post

I know. Unfortunately it's impossible to know what's written there due to extremely low resolution. Vance said he has high resolution versions of all the pages.

Last edited:
I'm looking for it, I just moved and still haven't unpacked all the boxes. Bill (Zanardi50) also have a copy.

Vance I hope you are right in your original post, I got more and more excited as I read it!!!! HSC front end?? The number one thing I want from a new NSX!! Low weight and breakthrough achievements like the original?? Absolute necessity. V8 or V10?? A small v10 would be phenomenal but an 8 would do just fine (Honda, copy the R8 formula)! Concerned about reliability? Thank you Honda, only you can build this car right!

This is the best thread in the second generation/unicorn discussion, even if it doesn't have 22,000 views ;) It makes me smile ear to ear. I will say it again, I really hope you are right about this.

Back