• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Soon to be owner?

Headed to view a 1998 NSX-T this week. Has the c/t supercharger and exhaust... Pic's look clean as does carfax. Owner is a Prime member and seems very straightforward. Been a pleasure to talk to.

Known issue: fan only blows on high, and is due for tb/wp work.

Any pre-purchase pointers?

Can't wait to compare to my 2008 Mercedes AMG CLS-63.

A search can be TMI. BrianK can help with fan issue I think.

You can get PPI done and more importantly find a another prime member to take a look for you. Pretty helpful folks here. You will be surprised.

PM if you have specific questions.

Good luck!

Headed to view a 1998 NSX-T this week. Has the c/t supercharger and exhaust... Pic's look clean as does carfax. Owner is a Prime member and seems very straightforward. Been a pleasure to talk to.

Can't wait to compare to my 2008 Mercedes AMG CLS-63.

Hmmm... Depending on what you're looking for, not sure its going to compare well to the 63.

Performance is a wash, but Id bet money the AMG will "feel" faster.

The AMG cabin will just decimate the NSX in terms of creature comforts and the fact that its a 2008 Mercedes vs a 20 year old Honda (NSX interior really never changed substantially)

Depending on what you're looking for, and what you dont like in the Benz, it will either be just what the doctor ordered, or a disaster :D

Make sure you find out ahead of time who you can comfortably be taking the car to locally for major work.

Coming out of the 911 and back into my 3rd NSX, this was the most jarring readjustment. Not easy to find someone who can actually do the TB/WP and other major work, so definitely a good idea to find that person *before* buying, then have THEM do the PPI :)

Back