• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS Stage 3..Motor in

I don't know man..but after my break-in session tonight..I'm beginning to realize that this car is Very Fast!

And I still have not been to V-tec which has been reprogrammed to hit higher up in the rev band.

If the upper reaches are anything like the midrange, I may go Hunting after all.

Last edited:
Spooler said:
I don't know man..but after my break-in session tonight..I'm beginning to realize that this car is Very Fast!

And I still have not been to V-tec which has been reprogrammed to hit higher up in the rev band.

If the upper reaches are anything like the midrange, I may go Hunting after all.

Why would you move Vtec Higher up? Do you have a higher redline? To get better midrange power you would want to lower the VTEC point.

NetViper said:
Why would you move Vtec Higher up? Do you have a higher redline? To get better midrange power you would want to lower the VTEC point.

That is not how it works. Vtec is a compromise. You lose a little at both ends, so the tuner sets the crossover where the engine likes it. Each engine will be different after a modification, especially one as big as this.

ncdogdoc said:
Each engine will be different after a modification, especially one as big as this.

3.3 vs 3.2 does not seem to be "as big as this". I would think it would be pretty similar to a 3.2 motor. Why do you say that?

Where was the vtec moved to?

I think he means "big" in terms of the number of items that were touched or replaced. Only .1L larger but the heads will breath a lot easier and the compression is up there. Lighter pistons can't hurt either. But I'm curious about the vtec too. I assume it was done partly because of the new cam profiles.

OK,

V-tec hits at exactly 5800 rpm and, it hits hard.

Compared to stock, it's much more Violent . It's almost like a switch was flipped. The sound level quadruples and you get a real nice shove back into the seat. From there it just screams to 7000 so fast.

It does not let up either as I tried a few bursts to 7500 and it was still pulling very hard. OMFG what a fun motor.

I was skeptical when SOS told me it would be just about on par with my low boost twin Turbo kit I had on the car previously but I'm starting to believe.

I try not to exaggerate and I know some of you Guys have much more powerful cars but for me this is plenty quick and to have a car that moves this well with no lag and a light clutch is a dream come true for me. I hope it holds for a good amount of time.

Further, although the car fuels just fine (a bit rich at low speeds), Chris told me optimizing the fueling with a stand alone will get me another 12. I'm going to do it very soon and at that time we will find out dyno output. My seat of the pants guess before stand alone is installed is 310rwhp and that may go up cause it's getting faster after every session.

Any NSXers in LA want to join me for late night freeway loops?

spooler

Last edited:
NetViper said:
Isn't that exactly where the stock VTEC point is?

Mine hits at 5400-5500.

Spooler said:
OK,

V-tec hits at exactly 5800 rpm and, it hits hard.

Compared to stock, it's much more Violent . It's almost like a switch was flipped. The sound level quadruples and you get a real nice shove back into the seat. From there it just screams to 7000 so fast.

It does not let up either as I tried a few bursts to 7500 and it was still pulling very hard. OMFG what a fun motor.

I was skeptical when SOS told me it would be just about on par with my low boost twin Turbo kit I had on the car previously but I'm starting to believe.

I try not to exaggerate and I know some of you Guys have much more powerful cars but for me this is plenty quick and to have a car that moves this well with no lag and a light clutch is a dream come true for me. I hope it holds for a good amount of time.

Further, although the car fuels just fine (a bit rich at low speeds), Chris told me optimizing the fueling with a stand alone will get me another 12. I'm going to do it very soon and at that time we will find out dyno output. My seat of the pants guess before stand alone is installed is 310rwhp and that may go up cause it's getting faster after every session.

Any NSXers in LA want to join me for late night freeway loops?

spooler

i go check it out.

NSXSOON said:
Did you mention what clutch you are using with this set up? I may have missed it.

Stock

It was important for me to have light clutch pressure. Another reason I chose 3.3 because it's right on the limit of what stock clutch can hold for a reasonable amount of time.

VampNSX said:
i thought you wanted to go out for a drive.

Oh...I was not sure you had a car as your gif says I miss my NSX and... you seem a bit far away.

I was looking for solo NSX driver's to cruise with that live locally. The only thing as much fun as driving it is..... to look at others in action lol.

but if you have an NSX, I'll be at the Union at Moraga and the 405 bout 11:45 tomorrow night.

Cheers

spooler

Last edited:
Spooler said:
Oh...I was not sure you had a car as your gif says I miss my NSX and... you seem a bit far away.

I was looking for solo NSX driver's to cruise with that live locally. The only thing as much fun as driving it is..... to look at others in action lol.

but if you have an NSX, I'll be at the Union at Moraga and the 405 bout 11:45 tomorrow night.

Cheers

spooler

I have my NSX but the first one I had got stoled so that is a picture of my first NSX.

this is the one I have now you might have seen it. :smile:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57160

tonight night huh? If I wasn't getting my wisdom teeth yanked out early tomorrow morning, I'd bring my SOS 3.8L and go rip around the freeways with you...

Swell car Vamp.

Edmo..your out anyway ...your car is to fast lol.

Seriously though......Maybe we can hook up in the future Gent's

I'll still cruise by the Union just in case.

Dave

Edmo7 said:
not fast enough.....got SMOKED by a SL55 on a rolling start, argh!!!

Huh??

Smoked ? How.

You should have started a new thread for this..people are going to inquire.

Now this Post will never die lol.

Spooler

Last edited:
Back