• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

SOS Steering rack bushing insall

SOS Steering rack bushing install

I'm continuing with my suspension update and I'm installing the SOS steering rack bushing set. Anyone have some tips to install these? The large passenger side bushing went on fairly easily but the 4 small rubber ones are a bear. I have the bolts removed but there is hardly any room to work and the old bushings are falling apart as I remove them.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Last edited:
I'm continuing with my suspension update and I'm installing the SOS steering rack bushing set. Anyone have some tips to install these? The large passenger side bushing went on fairly easily but the 4 small rubber ones are a bear. I have the bolts removed but there is hardly any room to work and the old bushings are falling apart as I remove them.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

I'd like to know as well... Curious what made you choose SOS vs Dali? I'd like to replace mine in the near future but not sure which to go with. SOS is twice the price of dalis kit

Easiest way I know of is to spray the old bushings down with WD40 or something like that. Place a C-clamp on it with a dowel of slightly smaller size then the bushing, in order to push it out. Place the other side of the C-clamp on two pieces of wood spread just far enough apart that the old bearing can be pressed by. Now start screwing down on the C-clamp.

When you go to install the new bearings it is pretty much the same thing except you won't need a dowel or wood shims on the back side. Just place the bearing in the hole and push it as far as you can. Place the C-clamp over it and screw it in. WD40 will aid you greatly.

I'd like to know as well... Curious what made you choose SOS vs Dali? I'd like to replace mine in the near future but not sure which to go with. SOS is twice the price of dalis kit

But overall SOS is a better deal because you will actually either get your part or your money back fair and square.

Actually, I did not know Dali had a kit also....

Back