• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS twin turbo 40,000 mile/8 year update

Car still runs flawlessly. All hardware still working as per day of initial install. No leaks. 675 rwhp on E85

[MENTION=8114]peiserg[/MENTION] what's your rwhp on pump gas?

Car still runs flawlessly. All hardware still working as per day of initial install. No leaks. 675 rwhp on E85

Awesome report. I've always thought the SOS was the only real turbo option in the sense of factory layout and reliability. Hope you get 8 more years of fun!

That's great to hear! I would love to upgrade to that kit as I've been reading great things about it - I run the APX Angus single turbo kit and its been on since 2012 also with no issues and runs flawlessly but I am also only running 4 pounds, but I crave more boost and some higher numbers.

One of the turbos finally needs a rebuild. Cost is around 400. It's still runs boost just fine but has a bit of play in the bearing per SOS.

yes it's a stage 2 SOS build. Compression and leakdown all within spec at...40k?? miles. Unfortunately I money shifted 3rd into 2nd and now i'm buying another SOS motor.... the compression and leakdown numbers are STILL good, but my bearings are dying... right after my stock 6spd finally gave up the ghost, and having one of the turbos rebuilt. It's been an expensive first quarter of 2020:tongue:

Can't complain. the motor build and turbo setup took years of heavy track use. The transmission gave me 115,000 miles... of which 110,000 were boosted, and probably 60k were tracked!! I will say... and i think anyone who knows me personally (and SOS as well) will agree... i do not skimp on maintenance... proactive as well as routine. I'm sure that helps. If it needs replacing or fixing.. i do it. I'd like to think i have my own personal lift at Chris' shop by now...

That's impressive.

yes it's a stage 2 SOS build. Compression and leakdown all within spec at...40k?? miles. Unfortunately I money shifted 3rd into 2nd and now i'm buying another SOS motor.... the compression and leakdown numbers are STILL good, but my bearings are dying... right after my stock 6spd finally gave up the ghost, and having one of the turbos rebuilt. It's been an expensive first quarter of 2020:tongue:

Can't complain. the motor build and turbo setup took years of heavy track use. The transmission gave me 115,000 miles... of which 110,000 were boosted, and probably 60k were tracked!! I will say... and i think anyone who knows me personally (and SOS as well) will agree... i do not skimp on maintenance... proactive as well as routine. I'm sure that helps. If it needs replacing or fixing.. i do it. I'd like to think i have my own personal lift at Chris' shop by now...

Back