• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

South Florida Auto Shop Contact List & Reviews

Since i'm relatively new to the area, I thought of making a thread where we can share our experiences of good shops ranging from:

-Tire Mounting/Balancing
-Alignments
-Suspension setup & Corner Balancing
-Paint & Body work
-Welding & Custom Fab
-Machinist
-Clutch Jobs
-Motor Rebuilds
-Dyno Shop
-Tuning

Talented people who are honest and do good work are often hard to find, especially when working on special cars like ours and not your run of the mill family sedan.

Please share your experiences with the following format:

Shop Name:
Shop Phone:
Specialty:

Last edited:
what if the people that do this work don't want their name and phone number for all to see.

- - - Updated - - -

the only thing I don't do in your list is the last 2

The goal of the thread is to spread awareness of good shops and experiences at said shops.

For example, I need to get a set of new tires mounted and balanced but am struggling to find a competent tire shop. I also need to get my car corner balanced and aligned. Since i'm new to the area I don't know of a good place to get this work done near me (West Palm Beach, FL) so anyone who has had good experience at a shop in the area would be greatly helpful.

I'm not sure why any company or shop wouldn't want their name or information posted on a forum that praises their work (especially since they would be registered as a business anyway)...

Last edited:
Alignment and corner balance - apex alignment in Miami. Turned my spec miata from an evil thing into a much better behaved track car. Not sure what kinds of cars he has experience with. I can find out for you. What kind of car? Want the contact info? Apex has done lots of local race cars, good references.

Shop Name: Tire Guy
Shop Phone: 561-542-8740 best to text him with what you need.
Contact: Anthony is the owner. Tell him RJ with the nsx and prius sent you.
Specialty: New and used tires and alignments.
Type of Work: Only person I trust to put tires on a set of aftermarket wheels. I brought him plastidipped wheels and he was able to put brand new tires on with out peeling any plastidip. Also doesn't mind stretching tires if you are into that.
He is a young guy, but also does all the local dealerships including Lamborghini.

Last edited:
Shop Name: Velocity Shop
Shop Phone: 561-844-1008
Specialty: Aftermarket parts for Hondas/Acuras. Also HIDs and LEDs. Doesn't carry many Nsx parts in stock, but can order.
Type of Work: I mainly purchase my HIDs and LEDs from him. Anytime I get a new car we automatically bring it there to swap all the bulbs to LED and HIDs lol. Also, purchase my lug nuts from him. He always has Volk/Rays and muteki lug nuts in stock. That's pretty much all he has in stock for the Nsx at all times. He is a really good friend of mine and will treat you right. He also knows Mark from Pride personally. He does have BBQs at the shop once in awhile, so I'll post it up here if he has another one.

Last edited:
Shop Name: Acura of Pembroke Pines
Shop Phone: (954) 985-2424
Contact: Mike Chen is the service manager. If you see him there tell him RJ sent you :)
Specialty: Maintenance and install aftermarket parts and alignments.
Type of Work: Mike is also a good friend of mine. Only dealership I would take my Nsx to. One of the mechanics owns an Nsx himself so they have people there who knows the Nsx in and out. Acura of Pembroke Pines also can get aftermarket parts such as Vossen wheels. Here is the TLX they are building as their dealership show car:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417004437.063064.jpg
Makes me want one! Lol

Last edited:
Shop Name: RIM FX
Shop Phone: (561) 422-0271
Contact: Cathy/Julian are the owners. They know me as Roderick. Tell them I sent you!
Specialty: Fix and refinish wheels.
Type of Work: . They have now refinished 3 sets of wheels for me. They did a pretty good job on my wheels. Just before you leave look them over really good and have them address anything they may have missed. They are a really busy shop and sometimes they miss little things. They are open all kinds of hours and weekends which makes it convenient. Unfortunately they do not powder coat yet, but that is in the works. They fix wheels for dealerships all throughout south Florida including Mercedes dealerships in ft lauderdale.

A pic of my car with a set of Volk GTC they refinished for me.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417005261.184694.jpg

Slightly north of south Florida, but I'm not shy about recommending my mechanic. His history includes working for an Acura dealership during much of the NSX run. I think it's safe to say he does most of the NSX work in Sarasota and he's been my sole wrench for almost 10 years.

Shop Name: Patton Automotive
Shop Phone: 941-371-4040
Specialty: Honda
Type of Work: Mechanic & aluminum fabricator

got a crack in my windshield. Need to get it replaced. I'm in Jupiter north of Palm Beach. New to the area. Any Suggestions on a place to do it. Gary
'

So you got tired of the Syracuse winters...

snowbird......who'd a thunk....

For example, I need to get a set of new tires mounted and balanced but am struggling to find a competent tire shop. I also need to get my car corner balanced and aligned. Since i'm new to the area I don't know of a good place to get this work done near me (West Palm Beach, FL) so anyone who has had good experience at a shop in the area would be greatly helpful.

With the NSX in South Florida it's pretty simple. Take it to Dwight. :)
The first step in finding a good tire shop is knowing whether or not they have a Hunter GSP9700 Road Force Balancer. Hunter has made that task a mundane one thanks to their GSP9700 Locator. Are you reading this Laserwash? :)

The second step in finding a good tire shop is asking the guy who has gone through more tires on his NSX than any other 10 guys combined. The current South Florida NSX tire cocktail would be to call Tire Choice at 3940 Hypoluxo Road in Boynton Beach at 561-641-7518 and when Jim Foster or Ivan pick up the phone, tell them Hugh with the red NSX sent you and you wanted to see if Lars was available. They will also match or beat Tire Rack prices. If you have a fucked up wheel, they contract with Kevin's Wheelsamerica.com franchise in Miami.

shirts optional.....

Shop Name: Acura of Pembroke Pines
Shop Phone: (954) 985-2424
Contact: Mike Chen is the service manager. If you see him there tell him RJ sent you :)
Specialty: Maintenance and install aftermarket parts and alignments.
Type of Work: Mike is also a good friend of mine. Only dealership I would take my Nsx to. One of the mechanics owns an Nsx himself so they have people there who knows the Nsx in and out. Acura of Pembroke Pines also can get aftermarket parts such as Vossen wheels. Here is the TLX they are building as their dealership show car:
View attachment 118763
Makes me want one! Lol

I vouch for Mike.

Thanks, since moving down from Orlando and purchasing an Nsx, I have heard of him. Just have yet to meet him or use his services.

too bizarre yes call me

"She" needs your phone number gsommer! LOL

toobizarre.jpg

Back