• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Southern Indiana Drive - May 9th, 2015

Fellow Primers et al,

At 10am on May 9th we'll be meeting in Columbus, Indiana for a 114 mile drive through Bartholomew, Brown, and Monroe Counties. I have driven all but one of these roads and will ensure I proof-drive all of them and investigate for potholes and/or construction prior to the May 9th gathering. This started as a few of us (djdrock in his NSX, another who has yet to choose his car, and myself in the RS4) wanting to stretch the legs in our machines, but figured we should make it an event as we did 10 years ago. :eek: You can reference that drive here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/53340-Southern-Indiana-Drive-August-13th?highlight=brown+county. It was a great time with a decent little gathering.

The lunch spot is planned to be at the Brick in Jonesville, Indiana. It's a cinder block building the size of my shoe in a town of a few hundred, but if you've never had a Brick Burger you're in for a treat (Note: It's still cash-only). I'm attaching the PDF of the full Google Maps drive route, as well as an image of the map. Should be a great time. I drive my car rain or shine, so weather will have no bearing on this drive happening.

**Route may change if roads are deemed unsafe or too rough. Nobody wants that.

Since there is some overlap in the route, here is an explanation of the drive:

Tentatively, we will meet at the Jay-C Food Stores parking lot. From there we will hit Georgetown Road West to Nelson Ridge Road South. 46 West will take us into Nashville where we'll hit State Road 135 North. Then State Road 45 South will take us to Bloomington. Following Bloomington we'll hit 46 East to come in on west side of Nashville. We'll take 46 East to State Road 135 South into Story, Indiana (home of the famed Story Inn). We'll continue through Story on 135 South. There is a bit of a jog onto a road that I have yet to proof but will do so in the coming weeks. Regardless, we'll again get onto 135 South before taking 58 East. This will take us to West County Road 930 South which will lead us to a glorious Brick Burger in Jonesville. Leaving the Brick we will take State Road 11 North to Columbus; you can then take State Road 46 West back to I-65 and be along your way.

May 9th Drive Map.jpg

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via email at [email protected]. I will also be sharing this with a couple other forums, as well as some choice folks at Indy Cars & Coffee. Hope to see a few of you there.

All the Best,

Joe

View attachment May 9th, 2015 Southern Indiana Drive.pdf

Last edited:
Back