• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Speaker Covers Worn Out

I have tan interior. The door speaker covers are all worn out from being rubbed when I enter and exit the car. It's tan, and so the damage is very visible. Anyone have a fix or know where I can get replacements? Thanks.

These are available from Acura (either your dealer, or one of the mail-order discounting dealers). I believe the list price is around $40 so you can probably get them for $30 each.

Do a search, I think there was something mentions here a few months back. I believe you can remove your door panels and actually clean the speaker cover with soap/water. Good Luck, please post what you decide and how it turns out. I will be needing to do this soon also as I have Ivory interior!
Regards
Z

I just ordered a pair of black ones from my dealership for $50 each. The top half of my door is black and the bottom half is tan, so I think it will look good with black covers. Besides, the black ones will get less dirty.

Does anyone know how to take off these door speaker grills? I hope that they just pop out. I really hope that it doesn't require taking the door apart because my dealer charges an arm and a leg for that. Thanks.

must remove door panel

This was addressed previously--you have to remove the door panel to take out the speaker grills. They are held in place by metal prongs, if I recollect correctly...You might as well get a service manual and learn how to do it yourself because you will have to remove the speakers sooner or later etc...

Maybe the prongs are weak on mine, but I can pop them right off, scrub with a soft brush and Woolite, and pop back on.

I just replaced My ivory ones with a set I purchased from Delary....I was actually surprised they where still available.

2012-07-23211340.jpg

2012-07-23212617.jpg

2012-07-23213310HDR.jpg

They look SO Much Better:biggrin:

Back