• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Special wheel alignment recommendations for track driving?

Has anyone heard of any Acura advice on proper alignment settings for street versus track driving? The owner's manual seems silent on this point.

As they say in the press releases, it seem that it is "track ready" from the factory. I'm just curious if the factory alignment is steet-oriented, track-oriented or some happy medium. For the GT-R and Z06, for example, manual gives two sets of settings and warns that the track settings will cause premature tire wear on the street. I wonder why no similar info on NSX.

The advice on what to do before taking it to the track appears to be simply "make sure you burnish the brake pads"-- although, somewhat hilariously, they don't tell you how you are supposed to do this (recommended procedures sometimes differ based on pads an rotors--- I guess I'll wing it). The also say to remove the tire repair kit. Maybe the heat is a concern-- or just that it might come loose and rattle around?

Last edited:
You early adopters are dancing with wolfs....In the early days of gen 1 the track guys kinda experimented around the original 91 oem settings...there are many threads on playing with camber/toe/caster....If it was me I would track a few times get some lap times , see how it feels and , play with tire pressures...then think about changing alignment.Talk to your regional rep who might be able to get you in touch with some of the hot shoe engineers at the factory.

Has anyone heard of any Acura advice on proper alignment settings for street versus track driving? The owner's manual seems silent on this point.

As they say in the press releases, it seem that it is "track ready" from the factory. I'm just curious if the factory alignment is stere-oriented, track-oriented or some happy medium. For the GT-R and Z06, for example, manual gives two sets of settings and warns that the track settings will cause premature tire wear on the street. I wonder why no similar info on NSX.

The advice on what to do before taking it to the track appears to be simply "make sure you burnish the brake pads"-- although, somewhat hilariously, they don't tell you how your are supposed to do this (recommended procedures sometimes differ based on pads an rotors--- I guess I'll wing it). The also say to remove the tire repair kit. Maybe the heat is a concern-- or just that it might come loose and rattle around?

I'm a bit curious as to what alignment angles will be too. Will there be different specs for tracking with the "street" Continentals versus the Pilots or Trofeos which can produce much more grip?

Brake burnishing with carbon ceramics is pretty straightforward (and kinda fun). Just do about ten or so panic stops from about 60mph. Drive around gently for a few miles making gentle use of the brakes while they cool down. And that's it.

The tire kit should be removed because A, it's weight you don't need to carry in a bad place (all the way and the end of the vehicle), and B, the trunk box does get a bit warm even under normal use...so I would imagine some really hard running might increase the heat to the point where it'd be bad for that can of sealant. But it's really more for the weight.

Back