• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Speed of Science

I had a good look at the "Speed of Science" website and they have a lot of interesting items for the NSX. Can anyone give me some feedback on the company and their experience with their products? Any comments on their engine rebuilds? headers? etc. thx :rolleyes:

I had a good look at the "Speed of Science" website and they have a lot of interesting items for the NSX. Can anyone give me some feedback on the company and their experience with their products? Any comments on their engine rebuilds? headers? etc. thx :rolleyes:

Science of who ? :confused:

:biggrin: There a great reputable dealer here and I and many others can vouch for then to the fullest. I have only had good experience with them and purchased exterior enhancements as well as aftermarket parts to replace the OEM worn out parts. There are many articles covering there engine rebuilds to the quality of there headers and the performance gains of each. Please try and do a search there not hard to find and a great read.

Fast and responsibe service, decent selection of stuff w/ Nordstrom pricing (except you can't return it back whenever you want for full price)
As long as you have money, Chris will sell you something ..ergh.. take care of you ;)

I ordered recently from them. Very firendly and very fast service. Easy to communicate and inform you on the whereabout of your parts during shipment. Will deal them them again in the near future.

Your will be in good hands SOS = Chris:smile:

Never had a problem. Top service all the way to Australia.:smile:

Hey I see that you are in VAncover- you should give Angus A PM or call 778-882-6511 Wil and he can help you get whatever you want from SOS or anything else. he has decent prices and mega knowledge with our cars.

Just ordered a usa spec adapter from SOS last week monday they said they would be shipping it out on thursday (due to them moving shops) with delivery by early the following week. Called them today a week and a half later and they said it still did not ship, but will ship tomorrow....I don't mind if they told me upfront that it would be delayed shipping, but was a little dissapointed with their customer service. Decided to cancel the order and order somewhere else.:cool:

Just ordered a usa spec adapter from SOS last week monday they said they would be shipping it out on thursday (due to them moving shops) with delivery by early the following week. Called them today a week and a half later and they said it still did not ship, but will ship tomorrow....I don't mind if they told me upfront that it would be delayed shipping, but was a little dissapointed with their customer service. Decided to cancel the order and order somewhere else.:cool:

I'm very sorry for that. We were delayed several days to ship from getting our ordering systems back online. Moving is a monumental task as you can imagine.

regards,
-- Chris

I'm in a similar sitation. Previous orders from them have been speedy but I placed an order at 1pm on 9/28, which was a few days before they said they were closing for the move. I have a feeling they stopped shipping orders well before their actual move date so they could pack everything up.

Anyway I got an email on Tuesday (10/6) which basically said "if you're still interested in this order please pay" which was odd since I paid when I placed the order. I told them this and the replied with essentially "oh yeah, sorry, we'll get this shipped out" but I haven't heard anything since.

If it did ship I don't know it since I didn't get tracking info.
I think some things got really messed up in their move.

I called shortly after making this post and part of my order had shipped already that day. Another part of it is out of stock.
The tracking notification email was a day behind (I just got it).
They said they were 90% back to normal yesterday when I called, so hopefully what happend to me with their system not realizing I made my payment already was a fluke.

I had my first experience at SOS this past Monday. Took my 2000 NSX in with a broken seat. They coulda easily charged me hundreds for a seat motor install but instead...they were able to fix it for almost nothing.

They got my business forever!

I called shortly after making this post and part of my order had shipped already that day. Another part of it is out of stock.
The tracking notification email was a day behind (I just got it).
They said they were 90% back to normal yesterday when I called, so hopefully what happend to me with their system not realizing I made my payment already was a fluke.

I'm very sorry for that. We were delayed several days to ship from getting our ordering systems back online. Moving is a monumental task as you can imagine.

regards,
-- Chris

So I decided to give SOS another chance since they were in the process of getting ready for a move the last time I ordered a part from them. Last time I had to cancel my order for an Ipod adapter due to a longer than expected ship time. Just ordered a part from Chris at SOS the other day and he had a tracking number to me within a day or two. He also was very easy to reach via email and answered all my questions within a couple of hours before the purchase. My faith has been restored in SOS and will be ordering parts from them in the future:smile: Thanks again Chris.

Agreed, best in the NSX community and most reliable. Thanks for the years of great service!

Tytus

I own two NSX's and SOS has been outstanding in helping me with them. They have my business, but wish they were in LA :biggrin: !!

Back