• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spoiler Question

As bad and stupid as this sounds, I have had my 94 NSX since February and just realized that the front spoiler is missing. I always wondered why those bolt heads seemed to be sticking out under the front bumper and now I know. Don't know what happened to it since it was not there when I bought the car but guess I should have paid more attention to notcing it was missing. Anyway, I am looking to get a OEM one - nothing fancy like a wings west but noticed that there was a change in the styling in the 95? and newer model. Was there a reason for this and if anyone knows, what should I expect to pay at the dealer for one? I was planning on inquiring tomorrow if I get the time. Thanks

madmap00 said:
As bad and stupid as this sounds, I have had my 94 NSX since February and just realized that the front spoiler is missing. I always wondered why those bolt heads seemed to be sticking out under the front bumper and now I know. Don't know what happened to it since it was not there when I bought the car but guess I should have paid more attention to notcing it was missing. Anyway, I am looking to get a OEM one - nothing fancy like a wings west but noticed that there was a change in the styling in the 95? and newer model. Was there a reason for this and if anyone knows, what should I expect to pay at the dealer for one? I was planning on inquiring tomorrow if I get the time. Thanks

I don't know the reason but the part is a about a $100, 95 should fit a 94 just fine.

get the newer one, 97 style. Looks nicer since it's not a same length from side to side. It actually has the left and right sides about twice as long as the front/middle part, a nice shape to it.

KooLaid said:
get the newer one, 97 style. Looks nicer since it's not a same length from side to side. It actually has the left and right sides about twice as long as the front/middle part, a nice shape to it.

I thought it was the pre-97's that were built like that. The one on my 1991 is like you just described and i was under the impression it was the original one. I thought the newer one was thin all the way across which is why i've been hunting for the older style.

Last edited:
madmap00 said:
I always wondered why those bolt heads seemed to be sticking out under the front bumper and now I know.

Thanks for bursting my bubble! I thought they were for decapitating small helpless furry creatures. :biggrin:

just to get clarification before i go ahead and order one from daliracing.
Is this ragedy lip spoiler a pre or post 1997 chin spoiler? :confused:

MVC-823F.JPG

sjones said:

Post 97

sjones said:

That's a '97+ lip spoiler. The pre-'97 lip spoiler is thin all the way around.

I believe the "older" style was superceded by the newer one quite some time ago...so no older ones available anymore

Back