• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spoon to make LHD NSX Type-R For U.S. Buyers

I saw the car, started it up, sat in it. Nice car except for the fake intake on the back. Here is the car:
img08111kz1.jpg

img08121yg9.jpg

img08281xt3.jpg

img08191ra2.jpg

img08301iy9.jpg

They are also supplying NSX-R parts as well. I'm verifying now but I believe they have NSX-R seats in stock. I'll confirm once I know.

Well gentleman if you want one they're ready to order.

Attachments

• Spoon Signature NSX TypeR GT.pdf
    212.4 KB · Views: 219
Hey guys just an update from another thread

Oh, and there will be NSX-R GT drivers too. Even though this specific model will remain very special, starting next year Spoon will sell you a brand new one that looks and goes just like this for only $150,000. And yes, it will be road-legal and available in left hand drive. Neither will they be mere replicas, but built using a supply of left over NSX-R chassis Honda has squirreled away somewhere in Japan.

Yeah who knew:eek:

Oh, and there will be NSX-R GT drivers too. Even though this specific model will remain very special, starting next year Spoon will sell you a brand new one that looks and goes just like this for only $150,000. And yes, it will be road-legal and available in left hand drive. Neither will they be mere replicas, but built using a supply of left over NSX-R chassis Honda has squirreled away somewhere in Japan.

That's what I have into my NSX-RR, plus a few bucks more. And what Jon Martin builds over here will simply eat an R for lunch. IMHO.

Plus, from the photo below...my RR seems to be a lot more fun for your money:) -- [my son(left) and a friend(right) driving]

JP_nick_nsx.jpg

Last edited:

Plus, from the photo below...my RR seems to be a lot more fun for your money:) -- [my son and a friend driving]

Those speeding ticket cameras are really getting impressive! :biggrin:

BTW, No I wouldn't buy one. At the end of the day, it's still a replica (won't increase in value) and I just couldn't buy an exotic car called "Spoon"

Last edited:

That's what I have into my NSX-RR, plus a few bucks more. And what Jon Martin builds over here will simply eat an R for lunch. YMMV.

Plus, from the photo below...my RR seems to be a lot more fun for your money:) -- [my son and a friend driving]

Thanks Anil I was figuring from what you and guys like Vancehu had spent getting real NSX-R parts the $150k was about right. Also did you ever get your car weighed and if so how much does it weigh?

...did you ever get your car weighed and if so how much does it weigh?
The car now weighs 3,026lbs with the driver. I assume the driver was Jon Martin, and so we can subtract 155lbs, resulting in 2871lbs, wet. Originally, a 2002 Targa is listed as weighing 3,197lbs. I don't know how much fuel was in the tank at the time the car was corner balanced, but let's assume 1/3 full. So where does that leave us with respect to weight reduction?

I think I can pull another 150lbs from the car, starting with front and rear bumper beams from Procar. That would put the car at approximately 2,725lbs, with 1/3 tank a gas.

The car now weighs 3,026lbs with the driver. I assume the driver was Jon Martin, and so we can subtract 155lbs, resulting in 2871lbs, wet. Originally, a 2002 Targa is listed as weighing 3,197lbs. I don't know how much fuel was in the tank at the time the car was corner balanced, but let's assume 1/3 full. So where does that leave us with respect to weight reduction?

I think I can pull another 150lbs from the car, starting with front and rear bumper beams from Procar. That would put the car at approximately 2,725lbs, with 1/3 tank a gas.

Hmm I show them listed at 3153 I wonder why the 02 is heavier than 04:confused:

Not to jump off thread Anil but did you do anything that would've added weight to the car? Also what exhaust are you running and how much weight did the NSX-R seats save you? Sorry but your one the few that have gone this far ( actually only one that I know of )with the R stuff for me to ask.

I looked into this but still a few question remain largely around the manufacturing and registration.

Can anyone confirm the manufacturing process of Spoon NSX-R? Is it one of the two scenairos below?

1. New Left hand drive NSX-R manufactured by Honda and Spoon modified it by adding Spoon components

2. Spoon gets a painted NSX chassis and does assembly including interior panels, electrical, wiring, and all sub-systems and components.

Where the assembly is done is critical. I know Spoon knows the NSX from a racing standpoint, but do they have the production and assembly process for making production vehicles with all the electronics and interior amenities.

There is no warranty on any other parts of the car other than 2 years only for engine and transmission.

As for plating and registration, how is this done. Who is the manufacturer? what model year is the car? Is it titled as new or used vehicle? Is it an imported used vehicle? Is it fall under Kit car category? How does it given a waiver on federal NHTSA standards.

Bottom line is are we being offered a chance to buy a genuine LHD NSX-R manufactured from Honda's factory with slight part upgrades by Spoon? Or are we getting an NSX largely converted or assembled by Spoon?

Last edited:
I looked into this but still a few question remain largely around the manufacturing and registration.

Can anyone confirm the manufacturing process of Spoon NSX-R? Is it one of the two scenairos below?

1. New Left hand drive NSX-R manufactured by Honda and Spoon modified it by adding Spoon components

2. Spoon gets a painted NSX chassis and does assembly including interior panels, electrical, wiring, and all sub-systems and components.

Where the assembly is done is critical. I know Spoon knows the NSX from a racing standpoint, but do they have the production and assembly process for making production vehicles with all the electronics and interior amenities.

There is no warranty on any other parts of the car other than 2 years only for engine and transmission.

As for plating and registration, how is this done. Who is the manufacturer? what model year is the car? Is it titled as new or used vehicle? Is it an imported used vehicle? Is it fall under Kit car category? How does it given a waiver on federal NHTSA standards.

Bottom line is are we being offered a chance to buy a genuine LHD NSX-R manufactured from Honda's factory with slight part upgrades by Spoon? Or are we getting an NSX largely converted or assembled by Spoon?

Really good question. Give them a call/email and let us know what they say.

Hmm I show them listed at 3153 I wonder why the 02 is heavier than 04:confused:

Not to jump off thread Anil but did you do anything that would've added weight to the car? Also what exhaust are you running and how much weight did the NSX-R seats save you? Sorry but your one the few that have gone this far ( actually only one that I know of )with the R stuff for me to ask.
Sorry about that, you're correct, the OE weight is 3,153. And I think I'm running the Taitac GT Lightweight exhaust, plus DC headers. I don't know the exact weight substituting OE seats for the NSX-R seats.

Sorry about that, you're correct, the OE weight is 3,153. And I think I'm running the Taitac GT Lightweight exhaust, plus DC headers. I don't know the exact weight substituting OE seats for the NSX-R seats.

I think the seats are the biggest weight savings on the NSX-R. Spoon has them in stock to.

Hi WingZ,

Have you managed to get a price for these and would you know if they are supplying the OEM frames as well?

I'd actually prefer black/black Type-S seats with the small red recaro logo.

Thanx, Paul

I think the seats are the biggest weight savings on the NSX-R. Spoon has them in stock to.

Attachments

• S interior Recaros.jpg
    S interior Recaros.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Hi WingZ,

Have you managed to get a price for these and would you know if they are supplying the OEM frames as well?

I'd actually prefer black/black Type-S seats with the small red recaro logo.

Thanx, Paul

Hey Paul

Not yet. I was able to get car cost info but had so many questions on it I forgot to ask seat prices. I'll send an email.

Left hand drive NSX-R

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AGYUHQNl2k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AGYUHQNl2k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back