• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sport Compact Car Magazine is looking for an NSX

hey guys,

We're doing an "old school vs. new school" shootout at Willow Springs (full course) on Dec. 8 and I'd like to have NSX representation there.
I'm looking for a car that has been tastefully modified (super- or turbocharged is ideal) and is good on track. You don't have to be a world famous race car driver (we'll have a "stig" driver), but you may be able to drive your car on the track.
In addition to the track day, there will be a dyno day (Dec. 9th). A total of 8 cars will be in attendance (the NSX will be number 8).

It's a good opportunity to get your car and your name in a magazine, to test how much horsepower you're putting out, to meet local car geeks, to drive your car on Willow with just 7 other cars on the track, and to kick new school ass!

If you're interested, shoot me an email at [email protected] with some info about your car and maybe a few pictures.

thanks!

Last edited:
Please only apply if you have a serious car, and can seriously drive. I am getting sick of seeing the NSX get crushed by EVO's etc in the mags. I would like to see Bryan Hunter (BMWCCA Instructor, and SCCA racer) run his NA NSX that weighs only 2300 lbs! It was the AOB NSX at NSXPO this year on the trailer. This is if this will be a true Time Attack challenge ONLY. I am sick of seeing all sorts of subjective tests to come up with a final score for placement (ex- granny friendly)

Unfortunately we're not going to be able to use the NSX we had originally planned on using. Shot in the dark, can anyone at all make it tomorrow?

Paging Factor X... Paging Factor X.. :biggrin:

Good luck guys. I hope you find someone.

We actually sent in a registration to the event. They recently asked us to be an alternate. However, it is so last minute there is no way we will be able to make it out there. We are focused on the American Touge 2 right now. Why not throw out one of those 3.8L NSXs to see what it can do!

Back