• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

spotted na1 body with type-r hood

hey who drive the red NA1 with carbon type-r hood and the big wing? spotted driving south on 71 to columbus just north of 270 yesterday at 530pm

Ya, it was me. APR GTC300. Hate the way it looks, love the way it performs. Good for 2 seconds a lap at Mid Ohio. The back end was planted and I had a lot more confidence to go into the corners hot without worrying the back end would come around.

Ya, it was me. APR GTC300. Hate the way it looks, love the way it performs. Good for 2 seconds a lap at Mid Ohio. The back end was planted and I had a lot more confidence to go into the corners hot without worrying the back end would come around.

did'nt you also play with your swaybars to reduce that nasty power on oversteer we were seeing?

Jim,
Did u get the gourney flap too?
How did you set your wing? Flat, angle up/down.. Etc..

Jim,
Did u get the gourney flap too?
How did you set your wing? Flat, angle up/down.. Etc..

They don't have the Gurney flap in stock. Which I don't understand since ARP makes them and it's just a strip of CF. :confused:

Set it at -04 deg down in the center.

Very strange that apr dont have them in stock. :confused:
Did you add any riser to it? 2", 3". I have the 3" its level with the roof.
When u get a chance get me a quick pic of how you had it set up, would u?

Particularly the -04deg angle down. When i installed mine there werent any instruction, so i mount it like this:
1306589969.jpg

1306589967.jpg

The blade are leveled. I think.

They don't have the Gurney flap in stock. Which I don't understand since ARP makes them and it's just a strip of CF. :confused:

Set it at -04 deg down in the center.

Jim, To ease confusion what they said was they didn't have any available to send with it that day. ( maybe they had them set for other wings?) No idea. If you still want it let me know, I will gladly call them. It did not seem like a huge deal so I didn't hold the wing up or push them for it when I talked to them. It was a quick "mention" and over.

Brian

I like it. Your car look like those diecast scale nsx toy.
The splitter look aggressive. :thumbup:

Last edited:
when i saw you driving i was like, what the f thats what i want lol. would you mind helping me with the front lip that you created im trying the same thing for the front of mine. get ahold of me plz 614-371-0305

Now all you need is a type r hood then you are SET. :biggrin:

I've got that. But I switch it out when not on the track as I haven't gotten it painted yet, still CF. Plus, I don't really care for the look.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0872.jpg
    IMAG0872.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
I dont kow. I think you'd like it better once you get it painted to math. Right now it stand out like a sore thumb. Much more subtle after paint.

Good for 2 seconds a lap at Mid Ohio..

Wow... that's impressive. I mean REALLY impressive. That's an eternity.

I don't have any risers. Look at the link below at the bottom of that page. I bought a digital level from Harbor Freight to do my measurements.

So how far is it off by. :wink:

Last edited:
I know my wing keep growing on me evertime i look at it, from the front that is. So in time i think youll like the way it look too Jim.

Back