• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Spotted! Sebring Silver NSX on I-69 South (near Ft.Wayne, Indiana)

Yesterday I was coming home and spotted a BEAUTIFUL Sebring Silver NSX going south on I-69 just south of Ft.Wayne, Indiana. It was following a modified black Toyota MR2 and they were zipping right along. I love the way that car looks in silver because it when it is moving it has the characteristics of a low flying jet plane or a bullet!! If the owner is on here, I hope that you did not get stopped by the HUGE police sting that was about 40 miles south of where you were. :smile:

Good eye!!! Yes, that was me. I was coming back from Kalamazoo Michigan from buying the car that day. That was my 93 MR2 as well. I had a friend of mine go with me. Thanks for the positive comments. Last thursday I upgraded the wheels. I will post pics soon.

How about a local NSX run sometime soon...? I have a buddy of mine (Jonas1JP) who just purchased a 91 Formula Red, but not as pretty as mine...hahaha

And no, we did not get any tickets, but the police were patrolling heavily...

Regards,

David

djdrock said:
Good eye!!! Yes, that was me. I was coming back from Kalamazoo Michigan from buying the car that day. That was my 93 MR2 as well. I had a friend of mine go with me. Thanks for the positive comments. Last thursday I upgraded the wheels. I will post pics soon.

How about a local NSX run sometime soon...? I have a buddy of mine (Jonas1JP) who just purchased a 91 Formula Red, but not as pretty as mine...hahaha

And no, we did not get any tickets, but the police were patrolling heavily...

Regards,

David

AWESOME!! Congrats on the car!! I am glad that you found our forum!! Where are you located anyway?? It would be cool to organize a get together, so just let me know.

Did you buy your car from a dealer or a private seller? How many miles does it have? That color is sooooo nice. :D

I am just south of Indianapolis. Joe is also just south in Indy. I bought it from a private seller. It is a 91, with 27,000 miles, original owner. It took some looking, but I got the color combo with low mileage that I wanted. :smile:

I believe that Car and Driver Magazine is having their 50th anniversary at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in July. Should be lots of cars and people. Would be fun for us all to get together there and maybe go for an afternoon drive through some of the twisties south of Indy. Although, Joe and I would not be opposed to driving to meet others.

Thanks for the nice welcome.

David

djdrock said:
I believe that Car and Driver Magazine is having their 50th anniversary at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in July. Should be lots of cars and people. Would be fun for us all to get together there and maybe go for an afternoon drive through some of the twisties south of Indy.
David

David,
Welcome and congrats on the car! Check out this thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52465 on the Car and Driver event, should be several of us there. Hopefully you can make it out though I really don't want to see your car. :tongue: Sebring was far and away my first choice in colors and I know seeing yours is just going to make me sick. :cool:

Nate

Mike...haha Yes, Sebring was my first choice as well. I have (or should say had a 2000 MR2 Spyder) in silver, but it was not nearly as brilliant color of silver as the NSX. :biggrin:

Tom...true. I love this forum. Great place for info etc...

djdrock said:
...I believe that Car and Driver Magazine is having their 50th anniversary at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in July. Should be lots of cars and people. Would be fun for us all to get together there and maybe go for an afternoon drive through some of the twisties south of Indy. Although, Joe and I would not be opposed to driving to meet others...

I will be in Canada for a wedding that weekend. The crappy part was that I found out about having to be at the wedding about an hour after paying the NON-refundable $45 for the ride in the Carrera GT. :(

Sorry to hear that. As you know, it should be a great event.

Here is a picture of the car... :biggrin:

Attachments

• car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 116
Looks very nice!! The wheels changed it around a lot. Did you keep the originals??

Mitch...yes I have the originals. Although, I doubt they will ever be mounted on the car again. :smile:

djdrock said:
Mitch...yes I have the originals. Although, I doubt they will ever be mounted on the car again. :smile:

I could always use another set if you do not want them. ;)

Although I only had them on the car for a day, if my memory serves, they are in perfect condition, and, the rubber is almost brand new. They are currently at Discount Tire. I just need to borrow a truck to have them picked up.

What is a fair price for them?

djdrock said:
Although I only had them on the car for a day, if my memory serves, they are in perfect condition, and, the rubber is almost brand new. They are currently at Discount Tire. I just need to borrow a truck to have them picked up.

What is a fair price for them?

I will send you a PM about them, cool?

djdrock said:
Here is a picture of the car... :biggrin:

Again, I'm very jealous of the color, your taste in wheels, however, leaves a lot to be desired :wink:

Nate

Mine; :tongue:
7430NsxMeet_002-med.jpg

I have seen that car before....the black one. I think it is the one that could not keep up with me last year on our Brown County drive. LOL!! :D ;)

Meeyatch1 said:
I have seen that car before....the black one. I think it is the one that could not keep up with me last year on our Brown County drive. LOL!! :D ;)

I think its obvious who has the better line, a clear case of blocking :mad:
In any case, she's much :eek: louder now and we all know louder = faster. Next time its for pinks!! :tongue:

Nate
7430NSX_Drive1_019-med.jpg

Nate...Very funny about the wheels! :biggrin:

Mitch, yes, PM me regarding the original wheels.

Back