• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spring Fling 2008 OFFICIAL DETAILS

Just put my new headers on last night, faster and louder. See everybody southbound at the oasis, to try them out.

Brian

Anyone have an R-12 dispenser? I have the R-12, just need to figure out a way to get it into the car. Possibly bring it with Saturday? Lemme know. Thanks.

J~

Hey, we're getting close!

Please re-read this entire post for details BEFORE you leave.

We're meeting at the Southbound 294 Hinsdale Oasis. You have a 1 hour window to arrive - we leave at 7:30 am SHARP.

Anyone who is concerned about lots of driving - don't be. Bob lives just over the border in Indiana, and the kart track is less than an hour from his place. After, we'll drive back to Bob's, hang out, and Quaker Steak is 5 min from his place.

If you have Motorola Talkabout (or equivalent FRS band radios), bring them.

Make sure you bring closed-toe shoes and long pants - and make sure you have a change of clothes because kart driving is WORK!

If you don't have my cell number and you need it, PM me.

One last thing...

BRING ENOUGH CASH. The karting is very reasonable price wise. If we don't have enough people for teams (the track is huge!), we'll race individually, so that's $125 an hour (we'll probably only do one hour in that case - 30 min practice and a 20-30 min main event.)

Last edited:
Am gonna be there 6:30sh. looking fwd to it:smile:

-Val

Like Frank said, times gettin' short!!!

Here's an update concerning the karting event. We don't have enough people to do an endurance race; it just wouldn't be fun to have only three or four karts on the track. Bumping Randy into the wall just wouldn't be a possibility!:biggrin:

Soooo, we will be racing head-to-head with each other. There will be a practice session, and then we will have three race sessions where we will get paired down to the last race, which will be the fastest drivers. More details of how the event will take place will happen at the track.

Good advice from Frank, bring some extra cash because you'll all be losing it to me.

See you in my mirrors,
Sean

Hey, we're getting close!

If you have Motorola Talkabout (or equivalent FRS band radios), bring them.
Check
Make sure you bring closed-toe shoes and long pants - and make sure you have a change of clothes because kart driving is WORK!
check, and some diapers for Sean,cause he's gonna soil himself when I pass his ass
BRING ENOUGH CASH. The karting is very reasonable price wise. If we don't have enough people for teams (the track is huge!), we'll race individually, so that's $125 an hour (we'll probably only do one hour in that case - 30 min practice and a 20-30 min main event.)
check Sean, I didn't know you were a gamblin man

I had a great time. Thanks to Bob for the show and tell and Frank, Bob and Sean for setting this up. See everyone soon maybe DG Fri?

Brian

I just got done washing the car and I thought to myself, "Self, this was a great day." I had fun getting together with everyone, and I agree we should do it again soon.

DG Friday perhaps?

Sean

Hey self (Sean) lets keep this going, I'm in for Fri.

My forearms and lats are KILLING ME!!!

Seriously, that was soooo much fun. Perfectly planned. Thanks Bob for the hospitality and Sean/Frank for planning the event. My new pens are resting in the trophy case with the rest of my NSX memorbelia, thanks Joe. We must do this again in the fall.

J~

Edit: I came home to find my new Shine Spec-GT Front Spoiler sitting on the porch. The finish sucks IMO (lots of pin holes), but it looks nice on the car.

Last edited:
Sean, many thanks for making the arrangements. Bob, thanks again for the hospitality and for your unwavering knowledge and enthusiasm for the NSX. Thanks to everyone else who participated, it was a fun day. So fun in fact that I'm just now (1045pm) waking up from my nap taken directly after returning home.

Humble pie is delicious. Thanks to Sean for letting me eat his piece, otherwise there would have been none left for me. :biggrin:

Thanks to Sean for letting me eat his piece, otherwise there would have been none left for me. :biggrin:
Thanks for Letting me keep the diapers Sean. I guess I ate too much humble pie.

I am delighted to have been able to host; I am ready, willing and able to do it again. :biggrin: Cookout anyone?

It is my “good fortune” to own an NSX; it is my privilege to be a member of this club. There may be an open debate about which car is “best overall” but given my experience there is no question about which group of car enthusiasts are the Best Overall. Thanks to all my old friends and welcome to all the new ones, you fellows were just great and are welcome here Always.

Guys I had a blast and yes.. I am in for Friday DG MEET at another time, They are not having the car show untill after the 4th of july weekend.

Bob Thank you for hosting, Frank and Sean thanks for putting the plans in motion, that is an awesome day out.

I did have to swallow some pride while I was traded up into the "bigboy Cart" but in all honestly, my hip bones did not fit into that seat. So I ask... may "bigboy" not become a nickname over here on prime! :redface:

Val, seriously, you drive an NSX, step on the Gas!!

ALSWEL (jeremy?) I am sorry that your sides and lats hurt, you should have joined me in the big boy cart (not saying anything personally) but i enjoyed plenty of room and I don't hurt at all!

Frank, it is really upsetting to me that you don't have your NSX anymore, I hope you can get back into one if you wanted to sooner than later.

Randy, I wish I had the opportunity to put you in the wall, but we never got to race heads up or near each other!

Brian, I enjoyed the sound of your exhaust all day long, I can't wait for my ARK to burn out, LOVED IT!

OHH and for the RECORD. I Never Spun Out during carting! Anyone else who did not spin out? :biggrin:

Last edited:
Thanks all for being able to tag along. Those karts were great. Sorry I wasn't able to stay with it for the whole day.

Coming from the outside, I'd have to agree with Bob's observation that you guys are a great group. Our club can definitely take some pointers from you.

Thanks again!

Let me join in the love fest. I enjoyed the hell out of the karting. I have a bruise the size of a baseball on my arm, but it was worth it!

Special thanks to Sean for finding and setting up the kart track and Bob for being the gracious host.

The car gods were with us - just a tiny sprinkle the whole day.

I've got to say though, I was a little depressed on the drive home. Seeing Sean, Val, Brian and Joe's NSXs on the highway was impressive. That car is so low and MEAN looking. Plus, all of those cars are HOOKED UP! I thought my NSX phantom limb was healing, but nope, it still smarts.

Hopefully we can get back to the track at least once before summer ends. And of course, I'm always up for Downers!

Thanks again to all who attended. NOW it feels like the summer has begun.

Scans of the Karting results are posted here (I was Kart #22, Mike was #21):

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh47/Corona_Powered/Fling Karting Results/

I was Cart 15 :)

Im not sure how they did scoring and placing..

The second race I started first because I had the fastest lap time next to sean and Randy on the qualifing race and then placed second behind Sean. But then was put at the back of pack to start the 3rd race and sean was placed at the front... So the way I look at it, I passed the most people :rolleyes: Given another 10 laps, I would have had Randy and Sean passed and hanging behind me too! :biggrin:

Any one know why I was placed like that?

Frank I was gona let you drive mine home... but then saw your on track driving performance and decided against it:tongue:
Especially those off track manuvers with the dust and rocks! That is better suited for my Toyota FJ !

For those that did not show up.. You missed these too..
NSXPEN.jpg

I was Cart 15 :)

Im not sure how they did scoring and placing..

The second race I started first because I had the fastest lap time next to sean and Randy on the qualifing race and then placed second behind Sean. But then was put at the back of pack to start the 3rd race and sean was placed at the front... So the way I look at it, I passed the most people :rolleyes: Given another 10 laps, I would have had Randy and Sean passed and hanging behind me too! :biggrin:

Any one know why I was placed like that?

I thought I saw Sean and Randy with their wallets out during a conversation with the track official just prior to the Final; I thought he was just checking their driver’s licenses. :rolleyes: :wink:

Frank I was gona let you drive mine home... but then saw your on track driving performance and decided against it:tongue:
Especially those off track manuvers with the dust and rocks! That is better suited for my Toyota FJ !

For those that did not show up.. You missed these too..
NSXPEN.jpg

Joe, the pens are terrific!!
It was extremely thoughtful of you provide them.
One of them will become part of my NSX memorabilia collection, Thank You.

Back