• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

starting a performance shop in kansas city

Hey guys, this isn't corey, this is a friend of his using his account. Anyways, let me get to the point. Im doing a little bit of research for my dad, he's interested in starting an aftermarket car business in the Kansas City area. I know there are a few companies to compete with, performance by design and mc racing being the main two. The idea that he is looking at is more of the high end cars and the higher performance cars. He is looking at specializing in forced induction. Mainly trying to focus on German cars, nsx's and supras. And the occasional american muscle that needs work done. So basically anything that wants to have horsepower. Do you think that there is a market out there for this in KC. The shop he is looking at is located in Lenexa. Right off of 87th street. We're thinking that specializing in BMWs and german cars would be a good idea, b/c places like aristocrat and baron bmw are total a-holes, and i know that most people do not like dealing with them. Also, baron bmw is the only place in kansas that is a licensed Dinan distributor, he has been in contact with Dinan and they are going to offer him a distributor ship. Also thinking along the lines of Audi's, i know that there is a large audi club in kansas city. My brother has one, and supposedly there is a market for the aftermarket for those cars in Kansas City. Obviously, there are lots of supras in the midwest, its just going to be weather or not they are willing to go away from the regular businesses that they frequent. I dont know much about nsx's but i know that there are a lot of them around the midwest, and i didn't know if there were anyshops that were specialized in them. If anybody has any input on this topic, please post or email me. [email protected]
thanks for your time guys,

drew alingh

Back