• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Starved rock brunch and drive - June 24th

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to announce our next local event, the Starved rock brunch and drive on Sunday, June 24th.

The plan:

1. We meet at the "Kneller's Shell" Shell gas station in Morris, IL at 8:30am

2. Jeff will guide us to the Starved Rock National Park through nice and scenic roads.

3. We will have brunch at 10:00 am (cost under $20 per person)

4. At 11 / 11:30 we head back closer to the i55/i80 intersection through the same nice and scenic roads from where we all go home.

Those who live north of the city (including me) can meet for coffee at the Hinsdale oasis on i294 south.

Address of the "Kneller's Shell" Shell gas station in Morris, IL where we will be meeting at 8:30:

2000 Division Street, Morris, IL
(815) 942-4550

Who is in?

Last edited:
Count me in for sure! Thanks for initiating this, Paul.

I am in

I'm definitely in, as long as Cody has my car done by then:wink: A big thanks for setting this up, Paul!

Dave

This looks good so far, let's hope for more attendees and decent weather :).

I was going to come, I was, But someone scratched an X into the passanger side door of my car while it was sitting at work. The only place that it is going in the foreseeable future is the body shop. I hope I get to see if in a few weeks.:mad:

Oh man that sucks! I don't understand people who do that to cars. However, my middle initial is an X and when I was a kid my little brother used to scratch Xs in everything to get me in trouble with my parents. Around 20 years later he fessed up to it.

By the way, is it too late for me to get in on the Brunch and Drive? I live in the Chicagoland area, and bought the car 4 weeks ago so I'm new to the community. Maybe I can even get the fiance to come with me.

I was going to come, I was, But someone scratched an X into the passanger side door of my car while it was sitting at work. The only place that it is going in the foreseeable future is the body shop. I hope I get to see if in a few weeks.:mad:

I know a very good body shop that could fix this for you by the weekend, I will call you Monday ;).

By the way, is it too late for me to get in on the Brunch and Drive? I live in the Chicagoland area, and bought the car 4 weeks ago so I'm new to the community. Maybe I can even get the fiance to come with me.

It would be great if you could make it and bring your fiance with you. Hopefully she will like us so that way she won't mind you hanging out with us more often :D.

It would be great if you could make it and bring your fiance with you. Hopefully she will like us so that way she won't mind you hanging out with us more often :D.

Yep, I'll see if I can convince her. She loves the car, but hates it when I drive it aggressively, even if its only to midway through 2nd gear :rolleyes: so we'll see what I can do there.

Hey guys, I spoke with Cody on Saturday and he will NOT have my car ready this weekend:mad:. He says it will be ready by "the end of July", so hopefully I can hook up with the gang sometime at the end of summer or in fall.

Dave

I should be able to make it on Sunday.

Brian

Just noticed I will need to get my A$$ out of bed early to get to Morris by 0830. Looking forward to this meet as I have not driven the car much this year.

This was definitley one of the best meets we ever had! I hope we will be able to do something similar at least once more before the season ends.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2451.jpg
    IMG_2451.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_2454.jpg
    IMG_2454.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_2457.jpg
    IMG_2457.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_2459.jpg
    IMG_2459.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_2464.jpg
    IMG_2464.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 284
Had a great time and looking forward to another event. I like the test and tune idea at Gingerman let's make that happen.

Big thanks to Pawel and Jeff for putting this together.

I had a great time. I hope to everyone soon. Thanks to Pawel and Jeff for making this a great day.

Agree, Paul -- that was a great run. Thx for organizing and thx, Jeff for leading the way. I 2nd Phil's motion for a Gingerman TT for the next event. -joe

Guys is was a great time meeting new members and old members. Let's do it again soon. Anyone up for doing a trip to Knoxville TN to do the Tail of the Dragon next year??? Thinking the weekend after father day 2013! Jeff

Back