• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stealth Rear View Mirror

Looking for someone who has installed the Valentine 1 Stealth Rear View Mirror Display in their NSX.

Since it was set up for a BMW and weighs 3 pounds I would like to know how it is done.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have had this done. The mirror is stripped of its reflective coating and a two-way coating is used in its place. This allows the V1 display to show thru the coating.

It's important to note the mirror loses its day/night function, and it's darker and more cloudy than normal. I was not aware of these changes until I received the mirror back.

I bought mine from Jim Powell at apexcone.com. He also used to visit these boards. I'm not sure if he's still supplying these modified mirrors.

Little New Information

I have searched for information but cannot find what I want. In the article by a person who installed his in a BMW I was not sure how well this would fit in the NSX.

If you read the reply from Soichiro it looks like he had it done to his original mirror.

What I am looking for is something to conceal the detector part from being openly visible. The display will fit in the ashtray and can be hidden by closiing the cover.

I did find one article where a person placed it in his third brakelight on rear shelf. We do not have this advantage.

If you find a good solution please let me know.

Thanks
Prolego

Back