• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stereo ON/OFF/VOLUME control

Hi

Have checked the FAQ and can't find this, but if you know a link please direct me :)

The On/Off/Volume rotary control on my 1993 is working loose... the whole thing can be rocked side to side as though there's a nut loosening at the base of the control stalk. The thing works fine, but I want to get the control off to look. The outer volume control seems to be a simple pull off thing, but how do I remove the On/Off centre ( sorry center :) ) button?

TIA

amazing :)

Thanks ++ but, isn't there SOME way of getting the control knob off without resorting to the sort of major surgery shown on the linked site? With the knob away it ought to be possible to get an 11mm socket into position and tighten the stem from outside... anyone know the answer ?

Originally posted by Martyn:
amazing :)

Thanks ++ but, isn't there SOME way of getting the control knob off without resorting to the sort of major surgery shown on the linked site? With the knob away it ought to be possible to get an 11mm socket into position and tighten the stem from outside... anyone know the answer ?

I had to tighten mine. If you take the knobs off you'll see there isn't any room at all to slip a socket, toothpick, nail, etc to make it tight enough to stay. It wasn't hard to do. I wanted to install some driving lights, so while I had the console out, I popped the cover off just like the directions from NSXSC and it has been tight for months just like new.

The nut is behind plastic that prevents you from being able to slip a wrench over it.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Back