• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

stock catalytic converter

Does anyone have a good stock rear catalytic converter that'll fit my '98 that you'd be willing to sell me? I'm throwing a CEL and I've already replaced the O2 sensor, which means it's likely the cat. Thanks in advance.

There are 4 o2 sensors, 2 on each bank, (one pre cat, and ane post cat)
What is the cel code? it may be the other 02 sensor on that bank.

The CEL is P0420, which I forget the exact definition but is the rear catalytic converter. Chris at SoS installed a new post cat O2 sensor and said if the CEL came back, it meant it was the catalytic converter.

The CEL is P0420, which I forget the exact definition but is the rear catalytic converter. Chris at SoS installed a new post cat O2 sensor and said if the CEL came back, it meant it was the catalytic converter.

before springing for a cat, i'd try the non fouler trick for $3

Donger, Def try the anti fouler trick first. should work. This trick is typically done when the cats are deleted and test pipes are installed to eliminate the cel code.

Stock catalytic converters

I've a pair of cat's I'll sell - converted to a twin turbo system just after buying the two for almost $1,000. Will let go for 1/2 that + shipping.

i'll look in my garage, may have a pair I took off at 60k miles. mine is a 2000 nsx. right now i have race cats

Thanks, guys. I actually did the non-fouler mod and it worked like a charm :) This will be my temp solution until I figure out if I want to get high flow cats

Back